Recent content by Maxx2008

  1. M

    Constant clicking sound at high volume.

    Even though this is a sound problem I'm not not sure it's because of my sound cards. I get a constant rhythmic clicking sound (around 100bpm I'd say) when the volume is turned up fairly high. The clicking is a lot like the sound my sound system makes when it is turned on but unplugged from the...
  2. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    Click on AdBlock and select Disable for zshare.com
  3. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    Of course I'm running on the latest drivers... I posted a video of the problem.
  4. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    It's hard to explain. The actual game movement is not smooth. The Fps is fine but the way things move is just not smooth, it's sort of jerky... I'll record a video, hope the choppiness will be noticeable. Edit: OK, video is done and uploaded to zShare (you can stream it). It's short but that...
  5. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    They don't have ATI drivers for Vista 64-bit... ...As I said, it's always choppy if I turn VSync off. But I keep it turned off anyway because I don't usually get above 75Fps. It only removes the choppiness if the Fps is higher than the refresh rate.
  6. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    Just tried a CRT. Same thing, looks like the monitor isn't a problem. Something with the graphics card settings I guess. Might try other drivers. Edit: Older drivers didn't help.
  7. M

    Poor GTA IV performance on low and high detail

    That computer isn't powerful enough for GTA IV.
  8. M

    Choppy gameplay when FPS lower than refresh rate

    All my games get choppy when they run below 75Fps which is my refresh rate (75Hz). Actually, they're choppy even above 75Fps if I don't have VSync and Triple Buffering turned on. What may be causing this? My 19" LCD? No drivers for Vista 64-bit? I'll try an old CRT monitor I have laying around...
  9. M

    Need for Speed: ProStreet Low FPS

    I wish I'd be getting 30fps. It drops to 10 or lower with many cars on screen.
  10. M

    Need for Speed: ProStreet Low FPS

    What a poorly optimized XBox 360 port. I don't have a powerful PC, but it does meet the recommended requirements for this game and I can't even play on Low. My specs: Pentium IV 3.0 HT 1GB DDR RAM HIS Radeon X1650XT Turbo Edition 256MB GDDR3 Recommended requirements as I remember...
  11. M

    Glitches sometimes?

    I'm not sure if it's the monitor or the graphics card, probably the monitor, it's an old 17" Hansol CRT. Sometimes (but rarely) the image just blurs and wobbles for a few seconds and then returns to normal. I really don't know how to describe it. Is it my monitor? My graphics card isn't old and...
  12. M

    Questions regarding 5.1 audio.

    Thanks!
  13. M

    Questions regarding 5.1 audio.

    Sorry for the bump but I could really use some help...
  14. M

    Questions regarding 5.1 audio.

    So, I have an M-Audio Audiophile USB sound card connected with a passive 5.1 speaker system. The amp is set to "Theater" and is plugged in to the Analog Out jacks in my sound card. But there is also an S/PDIF out jack there. Should I connect it to that instead? Manual says it's specifically for...
  15. M

    Help with reinstalling Windows without a floppy drive.

    That's it! The textmode file was in the wrong directory so I moved it to the correct one and now it works! I'm typing this from my new fresh copy of XP, from Internet Explorer 6 (who's only purpose is to download Firefox, which I am doing now at awfully slow speeds). Thanks to everyone and...
Back
Top