• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Magnum626

  1. M

    WD Easystore 18TB $200

    Well my my ds920+ saw the shucked drive. Yay! No mod necessary. The drive was WD180EDGZ in mine.
  2. M

    WD Easystore 18TB $200

    Wait so these have the weird connectors? I can't just put these into my nas?
  3. M

    Advice on sound cards

    Just a heads up...sound blaster z on sale at amazon for $65 with beam microphone. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1791293 http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Beamforming-Microphone-SB1500/dp/B009ISU33E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384441774&sr=8-1&keywords=sound+blaster+z&tag=hardfocom-20
  4. M

    Dell Outlet Monitors back to 30% off - How were the U2713HM's in the last sale?

    Mine didn't come with the dual link dvi cable either. It actually came with a single and I called tech support asking for another monitor because all I got was a pink haze. I didn't even realize it was a single until the new monitor arrived.
  5. M

    Free cloud storage--> Copy(app, the name of it is Copy)

    Just signed up. https://copy.com?r=ZeuntR
  6. M

    Dell Outlet Monitors back to 30% off - How were the U2713HM's in the last sale?

    I got it from the sale in August. Mine was excellent. No dead pixels. Ever so slight backlighting near the usb ports on the left side. So far so good.
  7. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    Thanks Zepher. So I'm able to use the BD as a data disc and play the movies through the computer but not through my Sony Blu ray player. What am I missing here? I was using Sony Vegas but I didnt see an option for DVD Compliant MPEG-2, just MPEG-2. Sorry for the noobish questions, maybe it's...
  8. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    I know its been a while but I've been busy transferring from vhs to avi. I purchased the Canopus ADVC 110. Now my next question, I want to burn these to a BD since there's more space than a DVD. What format am I converting it to so I can play it on my BD player? thanks again
  9. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    I didn't realize there were sooooo many different ways to do this. So which is the better of my choices? Is the canopus considered an external vid capture card? It comes with the Edius software. Is it worth the money? Should I just get a capture card specifically for the transfer? Which is...
  10. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    The more research I do it seems the more confused I'm getting. My VCR is in very good shape. I'll purchase a head cleaner before I start the transfer. I don't expect HD quality but I want it as clean as possible I suppose. My VCR has an S-Video output, would that be better than the RCA...
  11. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    Really? All I need is that little adapter? Can I use other software to capture other than what comes with the device? Is the quality any different from other devices. This is what has me confused, what's the difference between an inexpensive device like this compared to the more expensive...
  12. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    After watching the videos the other day they're a bit grainy. I want something that'll preserve or improve the quality as much as possible. I don't mind spending over $200 if it's 'worth' it. A lot of my poor google searches are often old options. I'll check out the videohelp forums. I want...
  13. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    VHS player with usb connections? Really? Never saw one, then again I never searched that hard. Any other suggestions? Maybe just shell out 200 bucks for a more decent one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00030ATTO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A17MC6HOH9AVE6
  14. M

    Best way to convert Home VHS movies to digital?

    I have a bunch of old VHS home movies that I want to transfer to digital format. What's the best way to do this? Will a simple sony DVD recorder be the best way?
Back
Top