• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by magnum

  1. M

    This specific setup sufficient for ONE loop? How can it be?!?!

    yep, spot on. with a mobo fullcover, its worth it to get a second pump because those are very restrtictive plus the usual strain of the two video cards and cpu block.
  2. M

    This specific setup sufficient for ONE loop? How can it be?!?!

    cpu is on swifty mcr 320, with 3 2000rpm yate loons. lets not derail the thread too much, if you have any more qs pm me i guess. as for op, you will need a second res for another loop, or alternatively you can just make a t-line which will take longer to bleed when setting up. a second res...
  3. M

    This specific setup sufficient for ONE loop? How can it be?!?!

    A 2nd reservoir wouldn't do anything, or do you mean a second rad? as for a dual loop, you just split up the pumps, no need to get a third. A single loop solution is cleaner with tubing, which is why I favor it. I run a similar single loop, only no mobo fullcover or mosfet blocks and 4870x2...
  4. M

    This specific setup sufficient for ONE loop? How can it be?!?!

    I think you should just put a second rad in the loop, just to be safe, a cheap 240 like a swiftech mcr 220 which is decent and doesn't restrict flow too much. two pumps in series should be enough, and the heat load would be easily handled with 720mm worth of rad. I would set the loop to go...
  5. M

    8800GTX temp qestions

    the important temp is gpu diode, same as a core temp for a cpu. Card doesn't throttle until 120c or so about, but a good rule of thumb is to keep it well below that temp. 86c for furmark is a very respectable figure, my 8800gt (your card but newer revision and less shaders) had difficultry...
  6. M

    i7 920 users, any change to voltage required to reach 3.2 GHz (965 speeds)?

    Try setting the vtt voltage a bit higher, to 1.25v or so, that will help your imc if its struggling with the 2:10 ratio. Also, make sure your uncore (nb+l3) is at least 3.2ghz, as it has to be 2x the mem clock.
  7. M

    A few setup questions

    My res is probably in the middle in terms of the loop, because its fairly large, and any higher would mean it would interfere with my rad.The pump is directly below it, so it shouldn't have any issues not getting water.As for loop order, I did it res-pump-320-cpu-240-gpu-nb-res, but I'm probably...
  8. M

    A few setup questions

    I have built this loop for my pc: apogee gtz laing d5 vario ek 250 res mcr 320 rad black ice pro II rad xspc 4870x2 fc mcw nbmax nb block Now I have some pretty dumb questions, but thats the price of being a wc noob... The only parts in my loop that specifically state an inlet and...
  9. M

    i7 920 trying for 21x210, voltages?

    21x210 is quite a big jump from 200, and is outside the reach of most cpus on air. 21x200 is 4.2ghz, which is not all bad in itself, but if you really want to go past that badly, at least try 205x21 as a compromise. My bet is that you would need over 1.4v for 4.4ghz, which no air cooler can...
  10. M

    Post Your RocketFish pics/mods

    there's no need for a grill on the rear fan, its just impeding your exhaust.
  11. M

    32bit adress space

    Yeah, I have no actual intentions of running a 32bit os, otherwise I would've just found out the answer for myself. Just curious really, as it is an amusing but serious issue for those that do need a 32bit os, guess they'll have to take a card out.
  12. M

    32bit adress space

    Have a question that's been nagging at me about 32bit os and large video cards. I have two 4870x2s which total 4gb of video ram. I've heard stories of people claiming that the os allocates gpu ram first, so their system was not able to boot as it had no system ram. Has anybody else tested this...
  13. M

    Project:Sky!

    Looks much classier and sleeker, good job.
  14. M

    Post your "rate my cables" here

    the overspray is covered by the side panels, hence why I did not bother covering up those panels,when painting... as for the bulge near the mobo, try hiding 2 6 pin to molex connectors in the 1cm of space between the side panel and the mobo tray, as clearly none of you, as one put d-bags, ever...
Back
Top