Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Ridiculous and at the drop of a hat? They have had issues for a long time. This didn't just occur. It takes quite awhile for customer dissatisfaction to result in lower stock prices and sales. Anyone in IT has known for sometime that Dell quality and service has seen a precipitous drop over...
I really don't understand why anyone would buy an XPS 700? You could either build something yourself or buy from another maker with better support for lower prices. Does it also have proprietary components? I also think it looks awful but thats just my opinion. i could be wrong. ;-)
Thats what we heard after the last review. Now months later little has changed. I really don't understand why all the [H] people keep saying Dell cares, they are working on it etc. Their phone systems are no better if not worse than the last review, their ordering process is easily more...
I'm a big VM fan and in fact purchased on of their E6400 machines from Best Buy recently. I could have bought a system with the same specs cheaper at the VM web site but it would have taken weeks to get it and I'm an instant gratification kind of guy. I also understand that they will have to...
I think the PSP sucks for browsing. Awful interface and text looks lousy. Very dissapointing. Sony needs to seriously rethink this device which could have been much more than it is. thats tghe problem with a company who owns content also making a device that uses content.
The Xeon can game just as good as anything else. Its basically a Pentium with a larger cache. I'm not a Dell fan but I don't see any reason to build a new machine unless $$$ is not an issue. If you do build a new machine I reccomend an Antec P180B as the Praetorian looks cool but is not mcuh...
Dell still makes garage hardware with cheapest possible components some of which are proprietary as well. The only reason to buy a Dell is to get the good deal on their low end Pentium D boxes. Anything higher than that like the XPS 600 is wasting your money as you can get far better computers...
The E2010 which VM sells at Best Buy is $1299 and has the same specs except for 1 GB of memory but it has a 320GB hard drive instead of 250GB. I think, but am not sure, that this is the only difference from what you are looking at plus you can walk into a Best Buy and out with the comp instead...
Well Thinkpads are very popular in the business world. Just get on any commercial airplane and see how many people are using them. Lots of IT guys like me like them. I don't know how big the companies are that you work for but its been a long time since I've seen parallel port dongles. We...
After years of crappy plasticky Dells, as well as Toshiba's and Compaqs at various jobs I was issued one of these at my current job. My favorite laptop ever other than the MacBook Pro. Very well made, plenty fast, and a general feeling of quality throughout.
The PSP does impress me and its one of the few things that Sony hasn't managed to screw up lately. I'm tempted to get one since it's only $199. But the games don't interest me much. I would much rather have a 30GB iPod for music, and I can watch DVD's on my work laptop (Thinkpad) when I'm...
That was really an exceptional article that has real relevance to alot of people. I can't think of any other site that provides this kind of information to its users on such a regular basis. I especially agree with the warnings about web sites that are cumbersome to navigate or offer too many...
64-bit has been around for a long time in Unix servers and only really matters when needing to address very large amounts of memory as with large Oracle databases. Somehow home users have gotten the idea that it matters to them by making your PC much faster. It doesn't. 32 bit procs can use 4...