• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by M0710NM4N

  1. M

    My MOBO is running my GPU @ X8 and not sure why.

    It's weird, cause if I reboot... sometimes it goes away. LoL
  2. M

    My MOBO is running my GPU @ X8 and not sure why.

    That was all about my sound card. Yes... we discussed pcie lanes, but nowhere do I see anything about M.2 or GPU running at X8. I am old... so maybe my eyes are missing something.
  3. M

    My MOBO is running my GPU @ X8 and not sure why.

    Thanks. Not sure how to disable that slot, but can figure it out. So the slot is now running at X16 thank you. But one issue still persists which it what made me get GPU-Z to check my lane speed... there is a constant white LED on just below the Q-Code display. Manual says VGA, but also...
  4. M

    My MOBO is running my GPU @ X8 and not sure why.

    This is why I talked to the tech... dude should be fired. I swear when reading that section, in my original pdf... didn't even have the sections speak about AMD at all. Like what the actual f***? So looking at it... I can move it to the #4 or #5 slots? Am I correct?
  5. M

    My MOBO is running my GPU @ X8 and not sure why.

    So initially I was going to use a sound card, but pcie lanes wouldn't allow it... so I bought a USB sound card, yet for some reason my GPU is running at X8. X870E Crosshair Hero I'm somewhat clueless, but I have possibility but don't want to go taking my PC apart unless someone who knows what...
  6. M

    I need a longer psu cable?

    I need about a 10 foot psu cable, but don't want to order the wrong thing off Amazon. Listings have too many variables I'm clueless about... like AWG, Volts, Amps etc etc. My PSU is a 1200w ROG Thor II Platinum
  7. M

    HD audio connector on X870E hero?

    I can't seem to find HD audio to save my life on this motherboard. Anyone happen to know where it's at?
  8. M

    Have some questions about using Rufus.

    So I'm trying to do a couple things here... Need to update my BIOS before starting my build tomorrow. I have a 512 GB thumb drive and it's currently formatted to Large FAT32 which I believe is the correct format to do this. But not sure if I need to change anything in the Boot Selection area...
  9. M

    9800X3D thermal paste application?

    My logic for not putting anything on them, was just that a lot of people do the pea-size method and ain't no way any paste is making it to those nubs with that method.
  10. M

    9800X3D thermal paste application?

    Coming off decades of Intel and now going AMD, I'm wondering if the nubs (as I call them lol) coming off the CPU around the edges... need to have paste applied on them? Or can I mask them off and simply apply/spread paste around the square section of the processor and be ok?
  11. M

    Anyone have experience removing RAM heat spreaders?

    Trying to find info on what would be the best replacement thermal tape, the recommended thickness and the recommended width of the tape. So the reasoning for the removal, is that looking at the QVL for the X870E Hero... they only had a single set of 6000's with a CL30 in Dominator Titanium...
  12. M

    Need major help... Lane issues won't let me install sound card.

    No I haven't. Waiting to hear back from my ASUS escalated support ticket to see what they have to say.
  13. M

    Need major help... Lane issues won't let me install sound card.

    I'm seriously OCD and I'm just use to always using Sound Blaster and it's never failed me. I have that mentality that more $ = better, though I guess I need to try and rethink that, since spending $700 on a mobo and it's already giving me a headache before even putting it together. LOL! Not...
  14. M

    Need major help... Lane issues won't let me install sound card.

    What can I say... I'm 57 and only built a single Intel system 17 yrs ago. I didn't realize PC tech would be going backwards and over complicating things.
  15. M

    Need major help... Lane issues won't let me install sound card.

    The X870E Crosshair does have the optical out, but assumed it wouldn't handle 5.1 since the other connection is just a single line-out plug. I hate to put this all together, just to find out it doesn't work as I hoped and have to disassemble and box it up to return or jump through more hoops...
Back
Top