A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
run memtest (it's in the bios) try tests 5 and 8, see how long it lasts, I'm betting the DFI board isn't playing well with that kingston memory. Those boards were finicky at best with cheap ram, specially kingston. Get yourself some OCZ, mushkin, g skills.
I see a couple problems here beyond your methodology.
XMS doesn't play well with an ultra-d in my experience. Mine was very finicky, I did eventually get it where I wanted it, but it had spots in between stock and my final overclock where the mem was just NOT stable at all. And as a note, my...
ok, I'll run with that.
On my Intel E6400 with one instance of superpi, I have 100% CPU utilization.
On this laptop, it's only 51-52%
same application. If you can explain this I'm interested.(Other than a setting built into bios to throttle the cpu). Heck I'd be happy if the darn thing...
Having a some trouble with this Tablet PC. The owner is claiming it's "too slow."
shut down a lot of startup stuff, blah blah. Runs much better BUT...
It's throttling the CPU, running 998mhz instead of 1.66Ghz. And when running one app(lets use superpi for this example) it only loads...
for the record, I called Cutters "home phone" 3 times to find a non working number. I then pm'd him and I gave him at least 24 hours to respond. Even before that he wanted me to ship first, and I stated I didn't want to do that. I would however take half payment down, he declined.