Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I have a Huey Pro and can comment.
Before you run the Huey calibration wizard, you need to set your video card settings to defaults, and your monitor to defaults. Then change your monitor contrast and brightness settings to 75%.
Once you have done that, run the wizard. Make sure the area of...
Well I finally got my replacement unit and I am pleased with it. The upgrade from 22" 1680x1050 to 23" 1920x1080 is quite nice. The extra width is excellent in Photoshop.
They told me it was a refurb, but it looks brand new. Not a mark on it and it was packaged like a brand new unit.
I did...
Yes there is. You must get a hardware calibration tool. An entry level one is only $100. Go to Amazon or B&H Photo websites (if in the States) and lookup the Huey or Huey Pro (the pro supports multi monitor colour calibration). I am a pro photographer and use the Huey Pro. If you want...
Wow. This is interesting. It is common for people to go to forums to bitch so that has to be considered ... however I am surprised as how piss poor some of the warranty support tickets have been managed.
I finally got notice today that my refurbished replacement unit is with Fedex and I...
to calibrate your monitors correctly you need to invest in a hardware calibration tool. lower cost units such as Huey Pro and Spyder can be purchased at pro photography stores (check B&H online if U.S. or Vistek or Henry's if Canada). you want a calibration tool that does multi-monitors.
Seems like their warranty support is hit-or-miss.
I have just e-mailed my contact there as yet another week has gone by since I last spoke to them and absolutely NOTHING has been done. I am trying to be as polite as possible in my e-mails indicating that the SLA they offered in the original...
Interesting to read that someone else here has had very slow service.
Yes they farm it out. Since I am in Ontario, the e-mail notice I got was from a Hinet Systems Inc in Mississauga.
Here is a copy-and-paste of what is in the e-mail I got from Hinet Systems:
This is a confirmation...
a little b!tch fest ...
3 weeks now from opening the support ticket for my 2.5 year old 22 inch widescreen LCD (it died) and still no monitor in my hands.
They have a great policy (at least in theory) that you submit your warranty claim through their website and give a credit card number...
Really!!?? That is very interesting. I am running at the moment my 8800GT with my 6200LT installed, but it is disabled. If I enable it, I am OK, but if I forget to disable it before I shutdown, I am screwed at boot-up as Vista won't load. I have to then go to safe mode and disable the...
I have had a nightmare trying to get 2 video cards running in Vista so that I can power all of my LCD's. In XP, my 8800GT ran 2 displays, and my second card, 6200LT ran my third display. In XP, it ran flawlessly.
Then I installed Vista and have been back and forth with nVidia tech support for...
I have had a nightmare trying to get 2 video cards running in Vista so that I can power all of my LCD's. In XP, my 8800GT ran 2 displays, and my second card, 6200LT ran my third display. In XP, it ran flawlessly.
Then I installed Vista and have been back and forth with nVidia tech support...
It would be very close. 22 inchers height is 1050. 15 inchers width is 1024 ... so if I rotate the 15 inchers 90 degrees (which their stands will let me do) then their height would be 1024 ... practically the same as the 22 incher.
I have thought about giving it a try ... but just haven't...
Ya, if my single desktop display was spread across 3 monitors ... then they would be close to each other so they touch. Since they are 3 individual desktops and the sides are for "complimentary info" while I game ... or have a vid playing on one while I do something else on the primary, I like...