Who is running Vista and 2 or more vid cards for 2 or more monitors?

Lord Kimbo

Weaksauce
I have had a nightmare trying to get 2 video cards running in Vista so that I can power all of my LCD's. In XP, my 8800GT ran 2 displays, and my second card, 6200LT ran my third display. In XP, it ran flawlessly.

Then I installed Vista and have been back and forth with nVidia tech support for months on end. I kept telling them it was a video driver issue as that is what Windows told me, but they kept denying it. After 5 months and escallating it, they admitted it was a driver issue and that I should not run two of their cards that have different chipsets in the same PC! WTF!?

So I gave in and have tried an ATi card with my 8800GT and I also have a problem, but it is a different problem. After much google search and others having the same problem I can only conclude my motherboard chipset is the cause (it is an older nForce 4 AMD SLI board).

So ... if you are successfully running more than one video card to power multiple monitors ... and on Vista ... would you mind saying what your motherboard and video card config is?

Thanks.

Back