• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Lophophora

  1. L

    No video signal after BIOS update

    Hi, I have a custom built PC with an ASUS Z97-K motherboard. I downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard from the ASUS website and updated it successfully by using the BIOS flash utility from a USB drive After I got the confirmation that the BIOS had been updated successfully, the system...
  2. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Thanks everyone, you've been helpful.
  3. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    I think I'm going to reinstall Windows on the new drive after all. Can't hurt to start with a fresh system. Once it is done, how do I format the old SSD? It has a bootable partition and I don't see any option in the disk manager to format this drive. Or is it just because it is currently the...
  4. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Ok got it. In fact the cloning was never successful, I always booted on the same old SSD. I tried cloning the current system disk on the new one again but this time Macrium Reflect won't let me clone it. It says that the drive is currently in use. I understand it has to be unlocked but have no...
  5. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Thanks, but actually I just realized what I did before hasn't worked. Before reading your answer I had tried the following: - unplug the old SSD - plug the new SSD with the old one's SATA cable - booted unsuccessfully (blue screen stating that the system must be repaired) Then I tried booting...
  6. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Oh I see. So when I boot from the new drive their letters are actually automatically inverted then (that's what I actually see in Windows right now). I haven't found how to permanently force my BIOS to boot from the new drive so currently I manually select the new drive in the BIOS each time I...
  7. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    One more question: now that I've cloned my SSD, can I swap letters in Windows? I want the new SSD (currently labeled E:) to become the main system drive and rename it C: while the older one would be used as storage. How do I do that in Windows 10?
  8. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Thanks, that is the option I was looking for. I had to do it twice cause I messed up the partition size the first time but it's ok now, all that's left is change the boot order.
  9. L

    Cloning SSD: partitions question

    Hey guys, I'm cloning a 250GB SSD to a new 500GB SSD. I am using Macrium Reflect which is supposed to do that easily for me but I am not sure about partitions: should I use the default "copy selected partitions" action while cloning? What about the unused space on the new SSD? Doesn't it need to...
Back
Top