No video signal after BIOS update

Lophophora

n00b
Hi,

I have a custom built PC with an ASUS Z97-K motherboard. I downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard from the ASUS website and updated it successfully by using the BIOS flash utility from a USB drive

After I got the confirmation that the BIOS had been updated successfully, the system restarted but the screen never turned on again. Because I have a GPU I figured that resetting to default would cause the built-in graphics to be selected instead of the GPU so I plugged my monitor to its connector (HDMI), but there is no signal. There isn't any signal on the GPU's HDMI socket either.

Is it possible that the HDMI sockets are not activated? There also is a VGA connection on the motherboard but I dont have a VGA monitor to test it.

Otherwise what should I do? I am not an experienced user when it comes to BIOS management.

remove all cards if any. get a vga adapter / cable and hook your monitor to all the video outs, reset the bios via jumper, make sure all the video ports are enabled in the bios and boot. monitor should be in auto-select mode for input.

Back