Recent content by longblock454

  1. longblock454

    Google Takes the A.I. Data Center Race to Outer Space

    You can see it with the naked eye! Granted it's just a spot but people take picts of it all the time with telescopes.
  2. longblock454

    WTB - PC Blu-ray UHD drive for use with MakeMKV

    Sony sold that off years ago and I left them in 2006.
  3. longblock454

    WTB - PC Blu-ray UHD drive for use with MakeMKV

    Does he also maintain that? How much life do BD's have left? (Side note, I was a Process Engineer at Sony that developed such)
  4. longblock454

    WTB - PC Blu-ray UHD drive for use with MakeMKV

    I currently do, but that's not going to be an option for much longer, plus the MakeMKV author has been on hiatus with no explanation, might be drying up fast. Soon we're likely to have no option.
  5. longblock454

    WTB - PC Blu-ray UHD drive for use with MakeMKV

    That appears to be DRMed/proprietary.
  6. longblock454

    WTB - PC Blu-ray UHD drive for use with MakeMKV

    Wish we could just buy MKV equiv downloads. Charge me $50 each, don't care, i hate ripping takes forever.
  7. longblock454

    Nvidia's Project DIGITS

    Looks like the just announced M5 Ultra is going to really date the Spark like products.
  8. longblock454

    Nvidia's Project DIGITS

    Any rumors of 2nd Gen devices here? Think I read that AMD's Gorgon Halo box could feature up to 192G of RAM. Edit: Or is the much faster bandwidth on the Apple devices going to takeover?
  9. longblock454

    Got Fiber, ONT Stick Options?

    I've reluctantly joined the 8311 Discord group, not much on the Calix side as it's rare, but a guy or two has bypass working with their own custom ONT stick firmware. I'm going to let this soak for a while then rip my ONT apart and dump a boot log, I'm a linux guy and have the ability to do the...
  10. longblock454

    Got Fiber, ONT Stick Options?

    The web interface doesn't tell me much, I do have the WAN MAC and the default SSID = CXNK01CAD9D3, which looks suspiciously like the serial number! Ewwww, but you are probably right, despise Discord.
  11. longblock454

    Got Fiber, ONT Stick Options?

    I'll test their DMZ feature and see what it does, but overall goal would be to eliminate the carrier ONT to simplify and remove that failure point. ONT sticks can't cost too much and I have the ONT MAC, was hoping for some suggestions, somebody here has to be experienced with them. The Calix...
  12. longblock454

    Got Fiber, ONT Stick Options?

    So I just got fiber, pretty lucky out in the sticks, provider is Joink, gig symmetrical. Only option from them is a Calix GS5229XG GigaSpire ONT router/wifi box thing (it does have a 10G ethernet port!) with no bridge mode. Though it does have a feature i've not seen before they call "DMZ...
  13. longblock454

    What exactly happened to 3dfx??

    pendragon1
  14. longblock454

    Hardware recommendation for pfSense install

    Over the past ~20 years I have had two separate pfsense updates fail to come back up on reboot, these were CE editions back then but still inexcusable IMO. I'd love to switch from Netgate but what a pain. Ubnt isn't an option, maybe opensense someday.
Back
Top