• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Livewyre

  1. L

    WD Easystore 10TB - $160 / 8TB - $130

    i bought the 10TB ones a while back for around 189 i think. I still haven't opened them yet. Will probably get to it this weekend as i am curious what is inside.
  2. L

    Storage Solutions?

    For my HTPC i went WD Purple drives for anything to do with the video portion (Live TV buffer, recording, etc). They are surveillance drives and are made to be used 24/7.
  3. L

    10TB WD Easystore + 32GB USB $180

    Im in for 2 at this price.
  4. L

    Recommend TV tuner card?

    What type of signal are you trying to capture/tune? OTA or Cable?
  5. L

    Small network switch brand quality?

    Ubiquiti is another brand you might want to look into.
  6. L

    Considering "upgrading" to Win10

    I have a home lab with various installs of both WIn 7 and Win 10 (physical and VM's) and use both equally as much. I really dont have a preference tbh. I like how win10 handles my mutli monitor setup much much better than win7 though and seems to handle SLI better too. My main rig for gaming...
  7. L

    Swiss Gear Backpacks @ Buydig

    Looks like the deal is dead now? Too bad i could of used one at that price.
  8. L

    Is gig worth it at home?

    I have FIOS 1GB service and for me it was totally worth it because of the price. I could be perfectly happy with 250/250, as my everyday usage is not that heavy. BUT when i do need that speed it's great to have it available. Like the before mentioned Steam downloads and other huge files... no...
  9. L

    bulletproof AP

    Another +1 for the Ubiquiti gear here. I just bought my 4th AP, the AC-Lite. works like a champ. Also have their EdgeRouter Lite. Never had an issue unless it was something I did.
  10. L

    VMWare Server Hardware - Refurb Dell or HP

    If you can find a Dell PowerEdge C1100, I would go that route. I have one. it is excellent on power, but the fans are a bit loud. Dual processor and I have 112GB of RAM in mine. I am thinking of moving it into a 4U case for more room (bigger fans, less noise) and also to add more HDDs. Currently...
  11. L

    Windows Update frozen on fresh 7 install

    Read through this thread on here. It did the trick for me. Windows 7 Updates
  12. L

    CPU for Poweredge T20?

    Glad I can help
  13. L

    CPU for Poweredge T20?

    No, it will not work. The T20 uses socket 1150 CPU's. I recently upgraded the CPU in mine to a Amazon.com: Intel Xeon Processor E3-1231V3B 3.4 4 LGA 1150 (BX80646E31231V3): Computers & Accessories. It works great! this is now my 3rd T20. they are great machines
Back
Top