WD Easystore 10TB - $160 / 8TB - $130

I noticed this today as well that's a heck of a drive to yank out of the case and throw In a Pc. Or back up a metric ton.

I just bought one of these a few days back for $250. And it was a pretty decent price. I'm so jealous for the deals you get all the time in the US. We never have anything close to that here.

Guess its time for me to finally grab one of these...
Anyone have a link to the shucking guide? I know they require something peculiar when it comes to the SATA power delivery.

Guess its time for me to finally grab one of these...
Anyone have a link to the shucking guide? I know they require something peculiar when it comes to the SATA power delivery.
Not always, they do often suffer from the 3.3v pin issue depending on your mobo/backplane.
Just try plugging it in first and see if it work for your setup first, if not use one of the fixes (molex adapter, kaphon tape, pin removal, or line removal)
Guide and 3.3v fix below:

i bought the 10TB ones a while back for around 189 i think. I still haven't opened them yet. Will probably get to it this weekend as i am curious what is inside.

Frigging Google Express is sold out, and I have a $40 off coupon I've been waiting to use!

I bought 5, and then did a different order of 3. Right now it only looks like 4 have shipped... so who knows.

i'm out of stuff to store on my 2 8tb's. Want a 10, have no use for it though :(

Both drives are showing up as $179.99 for me now. Pretty much kills it for the 8TB drive. Kinda meh for the 10TB.

Glad I got in while it was low. All 8 of mine have processed and are shipping apparently.

Last edited:
They go on sale every month or two, and often really low during BF/xmas.
Yep.

I'm thinking Black Friday or the following sales week will be when I make the jump to 10's. I've gotta design my new zdevs better than I have with my current setup. Maybe it doesn't matter, but...eh. Opinions vary.

Yep.

I'm thinking Black Friday or the following sales week will be when I make the jump to 10's. I've gotta design my new zdevs better than I have with my current setup. Maybe it doesn't matter, but...eh. Opinions vary.
Just watch out for the drive limit and/or have friends/family make orders (then again the last time I bought 10 of them not everyone does that :p).

Yup just when you think you missed out and stop looking they drop the price again...

It's not that they raise price, it's that the slickdeals masses destroy sale inventories.
Well, they CAN sort of raincheck it, as they did a few weeks ago. The ad on Saturday, 4/19 read 'available [Thursday, 4/25]'. So you could purchase it that day, but it wouldn't be available until the following week. ON the 20th, the price went back up to over $200. I'm assuming that they didn't have stock at the store on the 19th to cover what they were selling.

Back