• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by LevelSteam

  1. L

    5770 Squealing

    Thanks for the advice! After running more tests the problem seems to be with my lian li psu, his psu just has a lousy fan that I was confusing with the noise, but after using my other corsair the problem seems to have stopped. It still makes a little buzzing or whining noise under load, but...
  2. L

    5770 Squealing

    So I just got a new HD5770 today (the one with the newer egg shaped cooler revision) to toss in a friends PC. Weird thing is it tends to squeal a lot... My 5770s do too to some extent, but not as much, and I'm currently running two (of the original full shroud cooler types, not sure if that...
  3. L

    8-pin PCI-E (F) to 6-pin PCI-E (M) Power Adapter for GPU

    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8687/cab-158/8_8-pin_EPS_to_62-Pin_PCI-Express_Adapter_Cable_CB-E8-P68F.html This should work. I had to use one myself since my 5770s don't take eight pin and my Lian Li PSU 8pin pci cable -the one of the three that aren't modular go figure- doesn't 'break...
  4. L

    Noob looking for low profile CPU cooler

    I thought about that since it's pretty light overall and could easily cool a mild overclock if I needed it too, but the case is tight (got a hades for next to nothing, took off the front door, superlight) and the radiator setup might obscure my psu power input... Thanks for the suggestions...
  5. L

    Noob looking for low profile CPU cooler

    I'm pretty experienced when it comes to cooling in general, but I've never built an htpc or anything smaller than a mid tower before so I'm a little lost in the world of low profile cpu coolers. So here's the deal: I have a smaller case that I'm trying to build a lightweight lan party pc in...
Back
Top