Thanks all for the replies. I finally understand what's the deal. Is not only that the standard IPS delivers accurate colors, but also that you can actually see them correctly because of the viewing angle. Even if you can find a TN with perfect sRGB/gamma/white point, it doesn't matter if you...
Oh, with "necessary" I wanted to say if it's really worth to buy it when you're not going to buy the good and really expensive ones, but just a standard IPS panel that can be found in almost every mid/low price range model nowadays.
About color accuracy, TFT central does some color accuracy...
What if I see that the majority of IPS monitors out there, except those absurdly priced, actually cover the same 98-100% sRGB and 72% NTSC color gamuts as latest TN film monitors nowadays. What's the real deal about mainstream IPS apart of viewing angles in exchange of light bleeding? Is there...