• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by kpm2k

  1. K

    Can you view a Windows8 Raid5 array in Windows7?

    I downgraded from Windows8 to Windows7 for studying purposes. I have 4 x 250GB drives in RAID5 -- I can see the disks in disk management but can't do anything with them other than upgrade them to dynamic disks, put them offline or delete the partitions. Any idea how I can at least mount...
  2. K

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    Finally have my machines up! ESX 5. 1: BOX1 Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Motherboard AMD FX-8120 Stock 32GB RAM - 4 x 8GB Internal Storage: 1 x 128GB Corsair M4 SSD LSI SAS3041E 4 x 250GB SATA2 7200 RPM RAID0 -- Windows VMs for Studying/Lab work ESX 5.1 : BOX2 Tyan S7002G2NR-LE (dual...
  3. K

    eSata Port Multiplyer Speed

    Is it possible to get better than 60-70 MB/sec with the external enclosures that utlize a port multiplier? I am using the SIL3124 PCIE x1 card. I also tried a HighPoint RocketRaid pcie x1 card but it was only giving me 5-10MB/sec. Copyiing files while attempting to watch a 720p video on my...
  4. K

    ZFS Configuration with 8 drives in port multipier enclosure

    Have you tried using iscsi vs. cifs with the boxes ?
  5. K

    ZFS Configuration with 8 drives in port multipier enclosure

    FreeNAS 8.3 beta1 (8.2 release has a known issue, locked up everytime i unc to the machine from my windows7 box)
  6. K

    ZFS Configuration with 8 drives in port multipier enclosure

    I'm building a ZFS storage box out of an old system. Athlon X2 4000 with 8GB DDR2-800. I have 8 - 1TB drives, 3 of them are low power seagate barracuda's, rest are 7200. They're all in 2 Sans Digital port multiplier boxes. Just wondering if mixing drive speeds will make a performance...
  7. K

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    I have the same board/cpu combo. I'm pretty sure you need 2 video cards in a rig like your setup without onboard video. I had hoped to build a XBMCbuntu VM. Tried it on Win7 after it failing on that, the ESX host lockup after I installed the drivers. I'll test it one of these days with a...
  8. K

    Windows Server 08R2Hyper-V

    I've installed realtek and other network cards on my Hyperv servers. You can always install drivers via the command line. Only card I had a hard time with was a TrendNet gigabit card work, lots of instability.
  9. K

    ESXi PassThrough of video card, need 2 ?

    Hey All, Do you need 2 video cards to pass through a video card to a guest ? Everytime I install the drivers in Windows7 for the card, it locks the ESX Host and I can't even ping it. I have a Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 and a Gigabyte 5450 pci-e video card.
  10. K

    ESX5 - Adding NTFS Raw Disk to GuestOS

    Ah never mind, I've found a great article on adding a RDM disk. http://blog.davidwarburton.net/2010/10/25/rdm-mapping-of-local-sata-storage-for-esxi/
  11. K

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    You really don't need that sort of processor power for 4-6 VM's. I'm poking around at creating another box myself. You can do 2 AMD x4 boxes for the price for doing a xeon E3 box. They even have the new 32nm low power processors.
  12. K

    Storage for home ESXi and HyperV

    Hey Guys, I need to add some storage to my network at home for VM's. I currently just run 4 x 36gig scsi 15k drives. I bought a 4port Raid controller. My plan was to add 3 or 4 146gig 15k SAS drives.. the cost is about $70 per drive.. going with 500gig 7200rpm drives is half the...
Back
Top