Recent content by Kosta

  1. K

    P8Z77-V PRO gone bad

    Didn't run it yet, but after days of trial and error, I actually managed to fix it. It was a bad BIOS, which didn't even repair through Flashback function. But it did through updating BIOS with the AMI Flash Utility and selecting Program All Blocks. Seemingly BIOS was corrupt and that has broken...
  2. K

    P8Z77-V PRO gone bad

    Hello, Suddenly my board just went bad: There are no overclocking options for the CPU (multi won't go higher than 34 for the 2600K) any more and I also cannot set XMP-mode for my RAM - doing that, there is no post. It could also be the CPU, but something is giving me the feeling it is the...
  3. K

    Intel Devil's Canyon: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly @ [H]

    I am using the (old) Flight Simulator X and somewhat newer Prepar3D v2.5. Both these sims have the same base code, in which only one CPU core is used for rendering and main display, meaning FPS are usually terrible when using complex aircraft (sub 30fps). If I would change from 2600K -> 4790K...
  4. K

    Advice: GTX780TI OC or non-OC

    It would be the first time I would do that, but as I said, I dare with a proper readme ;-) (and my current is 580, so can't try it with the proposed tool yet)
  5. K

    Advice: GTX780TI OC or non-OC

    I have to go reference, otherwise the watercooler wouldn't fit on it. However, not really sure how to know 100% that it's a reference design. I would however dare to flash it, if there is a BIOS available. The card I would think of buying is the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WindForce 3X. That...
  6. K

    Advice: GTX780TI OC or non-OC

    Hello, I have a custom watercooling setup, and would plan to buy a watercooler for the new GPU. As I already plan to overclock it anyway (and can usually easily do with the watercooling setup, temp-wise), should I go with the OC-edition of the card and then OC some more, or just save the...
  7. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Yep, I already made an account, however never got a email confirmation and can't yet post :/ But many thanks for the help here, it has been very helpful and made me understand many things! And will get this...
  8. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Yes I do have it. I will use it once I get the server, to check the power usage. But it's not a kill-a-watt, rather just a cheap alternative. If it's off, I wouldn't know, and don't really know how to check 100%.
  9. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    APC Back-UPS ES 325VA This should do just fine, 95w for 10 minutes, all I would need. Can't seem to find power usage though...
  10. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Simple RAID-6, if not mistaken? (would that be UFS?)
  11. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Concerning CPU, I guess then the G2020 will be the best solution. Best performance for the money (for the planned usage), and OK with consumption. My idea, and I didn't research yet if that would work, would be not to touch the once created ZFS system. 6 drives in RAID-Z2 and that's it. The 7th...
  12. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Another question to: do I want ZFS really?
  13. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    I can get the G2020 for some 72€ or about. The 3220T is 110€, but if you say it's nothing else but underclocked counterpart, and is not really power saving or not good for the server, I trust you. Concerning full load, I hear about high CPU usage when using RAID-Z2. I did read...
  14. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    Hmm, the Supermicro X9SCL-F really looks good, the board is a little more expensive (152€), though it has 2x Intel LAN and 6x SATA. Nice. I can leave out the Intel Pro/1000 board, which is alone 140€. In truth, do the LAN ports of the card offer the same performance like the dual...
  15. K

    DIY NAS - need a little help from pros!

    nry, thanks for your insights. How in the world do I find an efficient motherboard? Are there energy efficient companies, like can one generalize that Asus or Gigabyte are energy efficient? As for PSU, I was think Be Quiet E9 400W. 80+ Gold. Saw some good reports on some threads. Besides...
Back
Top