Recent content by knox1711

  1. K

    3900x high temps

    Looking into carbon pads...specifically the one made by IC...is it true that they can be inferior to high end paste? Other than that claim, which I am trying to find out more about, I can't find any reason NOT to use those pads...
  2. K

    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero - Problem finding a cooler that will fit...

    Hi. It will fit with your ram, I used the same kit, but you have to move the front fan up on the heatsink, so it sticks up higher...make sure your case can clear it...I used a Corsair 540 carbide with no problem... FYI, I was not happy with the D15 performance. I went with the ARCTIC Liquid...
  3. K

    3900X Temps - 95C in Prime95

    FYI, I switched from the NH-D15 air cooler to an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 and my temps dropped by 10-20 C across the board for all uses. On Prime 95, where I hit 95 C at the 5 min mark, the AIO cooler held temps in the 75-78 C range. So basically 20 C cooler, pretty amazing, since the...
  4. K

    Sanity check on 3900x heat issues...

    Thank you very much for the post. I figure sometimes something new comes along and you just have to change your thinking about how things should work...this seems to be one of those times. Thanks everyone for the info. I'll stick with the Arctic Freeze 280s and not worry anymore about the...
  5. K

    Sanity check on 3900x heat issues...

    Stock cooler? The wraith prism? OMG, I have crap silicon then.....with a Noctua d-15 I hit 95+ C after 5 min of Prime 95 (when the FFT test kicked in....)
  6. K

    Sanity check on 3900x heat issues...

    OK, so both of you guys are also running AIOs.....I take it you are running all the Prime 95 tests...or are you cherry picking out the FFT, AVIX, etc.? Thx for the replies.
  7. K

    Sanity check on 3900x heat issues...

    Ok, I am building two 3900x rigs to replace two i7-6700k rigs that I used with Cooler Master V8 GTS High Performance CPU Coolers (Vapor Chambers) for several years.. Went AMD for the first time in 15 years.... I am used to temps (and space heaters as it were) that are pretty low/cool... So I...
  8. K

    3900X Temps - 95C in Prime95

    I got the same max'd heat result with Prime 95, and did some reading. Apparently it is to be expected. I have a d-15 and it hit 95 deg repeatedly at the 5 minute mark as apparently it cycles through different tests (I think it is the FFT that is the culprit, but may be wrong there)...
  9. K

    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero - Problem finding a cooler that will fit...

    EDIT: The NH-D15 arrived and it fits on the board. Have to jack the front fan up abit to get over the ram, but everything fits. Idle temps in the upper 30s. Not used to this 3900x yet. Thanks for the conversation in the thread. I have the NH-D15 on the way from Austria (don't know why...
  10. K

    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero - Problem finding a cooler that will fit...

    Not a huge overclocker, but I believe in keeping components as cool as possible for longevity. Building a new rig with the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero board, AMD 3900x, Corsair Carbide 540 airflow case, and wanted a vapor chamber solution (had too many pumps fail on me in the past), so I...
  11. K

    12/5 11:50pm EST, Newegg has Sapphire 7950s in stock

    What I would like to know is why is Newegg the only one with 7950 stock...people can praise amazon or whatever company and dis newegg as they like, and personally, I think neweggs $180 price hike on cards that are 2-3 generations old, within 24 hours, is, at best gouging, but where the hell are...
  12. K

    Newegg has some 280x

    I would say its more than $100, since newegg is selling, or trying to sell, 7950s for $449 atm. You could buy R9 290s for less than that.... This is really screwing the product price curve.
  13. K

    Newegg has some 280x

    do you have any idea when they might be in stock though? That is the rub...and what if they just discontinue, then reintroduce at the new price?
  14. K

    12/5 11:50pm EST, Newegg has Sapphire 7950s in stock

    lol, they dropped it to $449...man, things are getting strange at the egg... Is ANYONE else getting these in stock???
  15. K

    12/5 11:50pm EST, Newegg has Sapphire 7950s in stock

    In stock again now...for $499...ZOMG....$499...wtf, they were $279 less than 24 hrs ago...lol....
Back
Top