Recent content by Knowclue

  1. K

    Gigabyte RMA: A Few Questions

    Hey, thanks for your reply. It is much appreciated providing what I needed. The only thing I might have a problem with is finding the cpu protector. Again, thanks.
  2. K

    Gigabyte RMA: A Few Questions

    In May of 2012 I built my most recent system using Gigabyte's Z77X-UDH3 mobo and it started up first time and never gave me a problem until a week ago when suddenly 4 of my 6 back panel USB 3.0 ports failed; 3 of them at the same time. Since the time I originally built it I have not changed...
  3. K

    New Build: Sandy Bridge or Wait for Ivy?

    I am so glad you took the time out to put your 2 cents worth in.
  4. K

    New Build: Sandy Bridge or Wait for Ivy?

    I have been running my socket 939 XP system 6 years and it has served me well but it is high time for a new system. :D By mid-April I will have my budget met to build a new PC. It will be for gaming, MS Office 2010, internet, video streaming as well as some video rendering, etc. I have...
  5. K

    Looking for non-AlienWare 17 inch notebook with 6970 (or comparable) GPU

    That is why it pays to buy minimum and upgrade yourself. It costs considerably less to do it this way. Of course I don't know what this will do to your warranty... :D
  6. K

    Looking for non-AlienWare 17 inch notebook with 6970 (or comparable) GPU

    Can't answer the second question but as for your first the glassyview/glare type is more vibrant in color rendition but in bright lights and certainly sunlight the screen will reflect and thus make it very hard to see. The matte though not as color intensive still does a fine job and much...
  7. K

    Looking for non-AlienWare 17 inch notebook with 6970 (or comparable) GPU

    I myself have been heavily researching Sagar/Clevo laptops and you might want to look into these resellers: Xoticpc (also sell Asus and MSI), Mythlogic, Malibal, PCTorque and several others. Don't let the names fool you. They have a high reputation for top notch customer service and...
  8. K

    x120e screen

    No that is not normal. I believe that Lenovo corrected this either by a chipset or BIOS update. Over at the Notebook Review Lenovo forum they have quite an extensive X120e owners thread that deals with various issues and questions.
  9. K

    Need Memory Recommendations for Motherboard

    I will be building a gaming system for my brother-in-law and the motherboard is as follows: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644 While it definitely provides three OCing memory options I will not be ocing anything at this time since he lives over two hours away and...
  10. K

    Blue screen of death, BAD_POOL_HEADER

    To add to what OldMX has said the 0x50 error can also be due to Video and L2 cache RAM and software such as antivirus and disk imaging. The error 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER means that there is pool header issue problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most...
  11. K

    Simple Question: Turn Off Monitor or Let Sleep?

    Thanks guys; much appreciated. I just received a 24" Samsung Monitor to replace my 4 year old but ever reliable 17" ViewSonic (still gives vibrant colors and remains a work horse) which I am using to replace my failing CRT on our family rig. The on/off button is beginning to "sag" and so I...
  12. K

    Lost power while out, Came home and system wont POST..

    You obviously did the right thing by going the bare essentials. Sounds to me like it is a psu issue. Is your system connected to a good, reliable surge protector? Do you have a friend that you can borrow a psu from and hook it up to your system?
  13. K

    Simple Question: Turn Off Monitor or Let Sleep?

    Does it hurt an LCD monitor to turn it off at the end of the day or if you are going to be away from your PC for a an hour or so or is it better to let it go to sleep mode and not turn it off at all? Will it damage the monitor either way? Thanks.
  14. K

    AMD Athlon II X4 620 propus versus Intel Core 2 duo E6600

    Here is an article from TechSpot that actually gives a comparison between 620 and the E6600 (along with several other chips in the testing). http://www.techspot.com/review/197-amd-athlon2-x4-620/
  15. K

    computer crashing...

    When it dumps memory does it give an error code and a probable cause like a driver? It could very well be memory if it doesn't get beyond 22% with memtest.
Back
Top