Recent content by Kimo

  1. K

    350 dollar budget for gfx card

    I just built a new system with an XFX Gforce 6800 GT, and I am VERY satisfied. I can't definitively say what is better, ATI or NVidia, but this card SCREAMS. I would go with that, personally.
  2. K

    solution for passive cooling on ASUS A8N-E (SLI?) with a XFX 6800GT

    Works like a charm. I'm getting decent temps (after gaming for a while) and I'm much happier with the noise. I love my LL V1000B, but DAMN it's noisy with all that mesh.
  3. K

    solution for passive cooling on ASUS A8N-E (SLI?) with a XFX 6800GT

    I'll let you know tomorrow, when I get the new mobo. ASUS screwed up the shipping :rolleyes:
  4. K

    solution for passive cooling on ASUS A8N-E (SLI?) with a XFX 6800GT

    Not in this case - Here everything fits, n need to modify the HS.
  5. K

    solution for passive cooling on ASUS A8N-E (SLI?) with a XFX 6800GT

    Hey everyone, I have an ASUS A8N-E and a XFX 6800GT, and I've been trying to build a quiet computer. Unfortunately, AUSU and XFX both use small high RPM fans on their components so something had to be done. I have a Zalman VF700 for the 6800GT, and a Zalman ZM-NB47J (the big blue one) for...
  6. K

    Tman's Liquid Black

    Nice job so far! I have that case, and it is NICE. When I saw you had cut into it it made me sick to my stomach! :( It is almost too beautiful to cut! For everyone who hasn't seen this case in person the Aluminum is THICK, and it has a REALLY nice brushed finish to it. About those GPU...
  7. K

    Chipped NForce4 die!

    Hey everyone - Long time lurker first time poster. I recently bought an ASUS a8n-E from newegg, and unfortunately something was wong with the chipset from the beginning I was getting reandom and frequent lockups, weird behavior and then the board finally up and died. Turns out my Nforce 4...
  8. K

    You know what ticks me off? Active chipset coolers!

    The NF4 chipset is just a bare die, and it is REALLY easy to chip, even easier than the old Thunderbirds were! Messing with the heatsink, hell, even moving the stock one around, has great potential to destroy your chipset. Mine was toast when I got the board. I hate the noisy fan too...
  9. K

    Asus A8N-E

    I bought this board from Newegg, installed it and everything looked ok at first. Then weird stuff started to happen, random lock ups, needing to reset a few times before it would boot, and then finally nothing. The machine wouldn't boot, but all fans, cards etc. would have power. I just...
Back
Top