Hi there,
I'm looking to purchase a new or used single slot GPU for hopefully less than $50. The onboard GPU on one of my desktops has recently been giving me artifacts, so I need something to drop in to replace it. This is not for gaming, strictly just for web browsing/youtube so a powerful...
Thanks for all the responses. I never knew that degrees werent even that important. Though, I'm still going to get one. Is computer science pretty much the encompassing degree? Or should I go for one more specialized on my interests?
I'm a sophomore in high school (15) , and I'm getting a head start on looking at colleges/careers. At this point, I have no idea what's "out there". I am mainly interested in the whole networking thing. And servers, datacenters, storage, maybe even HPC clusters, or network administration. It...
A friend asked me about building a computer for him. I asked him for a general budget, and he told me ~$3500. Though it can be anywhere around there.
Even though he has that budget, I'm not really trying to spend it all. Right now, he has a Dell XPS that was very good for the time. I dont...
I'm also looking into this. I Think im just gonna go with 3x Monoprice. Its cheaper, and you can move the monitors more.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=6421&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
Currently, I have this nice little WHS server. It does backups for all the computers in the house, as well as operating as a NAS and a small minecraft srever. It has dual core CPU with 4GB RAM.
However, I wanted to expand, so I got an AMD FX-8320, and 32GB of memory. I plan to run an ESXi...
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. And would it have any effect if I passed a video card to the VM that I am using? or would that not really make a difference
And does this full screen console support multiple monitors? does vnc?
There's probablly a name for this, I just don't know exactly what it is called.
I just ordered parts for an ESXi whitebox. It has 8 cores, and 32GB RAM, so it should have plenty of performance for what I need it for. Something I want to do on it, is test out linux distros/play around with...
What cheapish, but good fan, would you recommend? I want to put 2 intake fans in the case?
This will be in my room, and its gonna be on while I sleep, so they have to be quiet. And I need to order from newegg
EDIT: The front panel takes 120mm fans
So, I've finally decided on AMD.
CPU: AMD FX-8320
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Memory: G.SKILL 32GB 4x8GB 1866
And then a Card Reader and an SD Card
I already have a 400w Antec Neo Eco PSU, an Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual port NIC, A case, and Hard drives.
How does it look?
EDIT: And a cheap...