Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
RAM:G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB
Case: NZXT Source 220
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620
GPU:EVGA 01G-P3-1313-KR GeForce 210
Hard Drive:SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
Boot Flash Drive: Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Plus 8GB USB 3.0
CD Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner

This is not for gaming. It is for my home ESXi server. So I don't really need a fast GPU, or a GPU at all. I'll just need it for installing ESXi (which will go on flash drive). I chose the AMD cpu because it is really good for highly-threaded applications, which is what I need it for. And it is cheaper. I already got the motherboard and RAM. I like the case because it is relatively cheap, it is good quality, and it has 8 HDD bays. I've heard that the Samsung Hard Drive is pretty much the number one choice for hard drives.

I already have several drives that i will also add to this build. I want to be able to support up to 8 drives (I will get a RAID card for expansion in the future) So I have 2 main questions:

1) How is the PSU? From what I've read, it seems to be high quality. But is it reliable enough for a server? And is there a better deal out there?
2) How are the rest of the components?

Thanks.

1) Good. Yes. Not really for a modular PSU
2) OK:
The case, IMO, is a tad overpriced since you're not getting anything significant to justify its costs since the NZXT Source 210 Elite currently currently costs $50 shipped at Amazon.com and includes an extra fan. As such, the NZXT Source 210 Elite is the better deal IMO.

The reason I chose the 220, is because the entire front panel is meshed. Which I imagine is much better for airflow

A mesh front panel isn't as good as multiple fans pushing air throughout the case. All cases are vented in some way to allow air in and out.

Ive looked at both cases in pictures and reviews. They both seem to only come with 2 fans. Am I missing something?

Ive looked at both cases in pictures and reviews. They both seem to only come with 2 fans. Am I missing something?

No I did: somehow I didn't see the 140mm. You are correct that the NZXT Source 220, currently $55 shipped at Amazon.com, does have two fans.

What cheapish, but good fan, would you recommend? I want to put 2 intake fans in the case?
This will be in my room, and its gonna be on while I sleep, so they have to be quiet. And I need to order from newegg

EDIT: The front panel takes 120mm fans

Hmm, if you really serious about the case needing to be quiet, you should go with the Fractal Design R4 case instead. It's significantly quieter than the NZXT Source 210 or 220 cases.

Back