Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I wasn't able to find the E3-1220LV2 anywhere. Instead, I purchased the Xeon E3-1230 V2.
Here are the idle temps with the Scythe Samurai ZZ running completely passive.
The ambient temperature in the room is around 72F.
This isn't the best photo but gives you an idea on airflow in the case...
The sas2ircu utility can be used to check the firmware revision of your SAS expander when used with LSI cards. Here's the process in verbose detail:
sas2ircu utility from LSI
Download the sas2ircu utility. Unpack and change file mode on the file that matches your distribution and architecture...
Purchased a Scythe SAMURAI-ZZ as it was one of the only low-profile coolers I could find. Will attempt to run it passively with the E3-1220LV2 and report back with temps.
I ended up purchasing a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO but unfortunately it's too large for the chassis and prevents the lid from sliding shut. It will be returned.
The Dynatron K618 will definitely fit in this chassis. Whether it comes with mounting hardware is unconfirmed. (Can anyone confirm...
I recently purchased an OEM E3-1220LV2 and am looking for a low profile passive cooler. It will be used in a 4U Norco RPC-4224 with direct airflow from 3x 120mm fans. At such low power consumption, I imagine I should be able to passively cool it in this configuration without any trouble...
If you're looking for the E3-1220LV2, I was able to purchase one at Avnet. I found their name on the Intel distributors list. A customer service representative said the lead team is 2 - 4 weeks + 3 days but most likely will be fulfilled within 2 weeks + 3 days from their warehouse in Arizona. No...