Recent content by johngalt47

  1. J

    Samsung 950 Pro not recognized by Windows 7

    I updated my Asus Z97-WS mobo with bios 2304 which is supposed to recognize NVME drives. When I go into the bios it indeed shows up as a drive. Windows 7 does not recognize it as a drive. Any ideas?
  2. J

    Seasonic Snow Silent 750W PSU LUCKY DRAW!

    I value voltage regulation, low noise and reliability in power supplies.
  3. J

    Server in reject mode

    For the last few days some of my older GPRS can't either upload finished work or download new projects. Anyone else having this problem?
  4. J

    fah problem yesterday?

    They finally posted the ppd. The new GTX 780 Ti is amazing!
  5. J

    fah problem yesterday?

    I can't get an update on my ppd yesterday or today. Anyone else having this problem?
  6. J

    GTX 780Ti folding slowly

    Yes, I entered the passkey. What I did not know was that the project and ppd shown on the web control main screen do not necessarily represent what the gpu is doing. On the bottom left of the advanced control screen, at one point it showed over 280,000 ppd! It fluctuates though so I don't...
  7. J

    Seasonic 1200 Platinum problem

    Based on many reviews, I bought one of these psus. Believe it or not, but two of my motherboards would not boot with it. I used the Thermaltake Dr Power II to test it and it said that the psu was good! Any ideas?
  8. J

    GTX 780Ti folding slowly

    How do I tell if it is 15 or 17?
  9. J

    GTX 780Ti folding slowly

    Is there a trick to making this card fold fast? I just got it started and it looks like it is less than 15,000 ppd.
  10. J

    asus z97 ws no boot

    I have bought three Asus workstation motherboards lately and non of them will boot. Two were used on ebay and the latest is brand new. On the used ones, even the cpu fans ran but would not boot. On the new one, the cpu fan does not run but the various leds come on. The power supply is a brand...
  11. J

    SSD not that much faster in real world

    I just bought a laptop with 2 Intel 250 GB SSDs in Raid 0 configuration and am not that impressed with the speed. In real world usage it is faster than a mechanical hard drive but not enough to warrant the outrageous cost. YMMV though...
  12. J

    Case with removable motherboard tray?

    Does Lian-Li or any other case manufacturer make cases with removable motherboard trays any longer? I love those Lian-Li cases that have the removable motherboard trays but can't figure out which of their models have them. I would be willing to buy another brand.
  13. J

    SSD for Dell Vostro 1500 (2006 vintage)

    Probably no more than $200. The thing is, since it is about 5 year old technology, the transfer rate is somewhat limited so the newer Sata 6 drives will be a waste.
  14. J

    SSD for Dell Vostro 1500 (2006 vintage)

    I want to buy the fastest SSD that will work with my older Dell Vostro 1500. Does anyone have recommendations?
  15. J

    work units per cpu / gpu?

    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a SR-2?
Back
Top