• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by johndh

  1. J

    Raid or not to Raid?

    Yes.I understand that a raid0 is faster but a program like premiere pro sc5 that can access different drives at the same time, meaning for example scratch disc on one drive and source material on another drive... is or is not faster than raid0 with both scratch and source material on the same...
  2. J

    Raid or not to Raid?

    So the source material and scratch disk on the same raid0 would still be faster than splitting those two drives and putting scratch disk on one and source material on the other?
  3. J

    Raid or not to Raid?

    I have a pair of WD drives in raid0 with on board controller (Asus P6T motherboard) that I store all of my HD video content on for editing in Premiere Pro cs5.5. I also have seperate drive for operating system and one more drive for video output.Would I be better to make the raid0 two logical...
  4. J

    ram for Asus P6T

    Thank-you for that.I only have Win 7 home premium and I think it only supports 16Gb.I currently have 2x6 of GSkill DDR3 1600 installed but I need all I can get (video editing). Would I be best to go with 4x4 of GSkill DDR3 1600 or DDR3 1333.The QV list for ram on the Asus web site states: •...
  5. J

    ram for Asus P6T

    I have an Asus P6T board (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159360) with 12 GB of ram installed (2x6).The manual says I can install a max of 12 Gb but looking at Asus web site states 24Gb.Can I put 24Gb in it.
  6. J

    GTS 250 to gtx560 ti

    I currently have an i7-920 with 12gb of ram running win7 64bit,with 3 7200 rpm drives and 1 raid0.My current gpu is an GTS250.Would I notice a difference upgrading my gpu to a GTX470 or a GTX560ti.My thinking is the 250 only uses ddr3 and the 470 and 560ti offers ddr5. I edit hd hdv 1080p...
Back
Top