• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by John Nice

  1. J

    single and dual channel ram

    I have seen more of a difference going from single channel to dual channel, than from going to 800 from 667, so I would say the dual channel 667 board. but it's a good question, hopefully someone has a link or two with something concrete.
  2. J

    Best Value system today... (requesting opinions)

    It would fly either way at 1600 x 1200, that's still a fairly low res, and it isn't likely to fly faster at that res with SLI. See if you can try it on your friends comp. Run something single card, then SLI'd.
  3. J

    Card Advice Needed

    I'm looking for two different cards. 1 (PCI_E) the best for around $150 2 (AGP) a good inexpensive low profile card for an htpc
  4. J

    SCSI Install

    Thanks
  5. J

    Best budget AM2/AM2+

    what's the main difference between them? (SB600 and SB700) Do you know of any specific boards offhand that are SB700? Thanks
  6. J

    Card Advice Needed

    anyone with advice for a low profile agp htpc card?
  7. J

    WD VelociRaptor

    yow! I was thinking it would be more like %5ish. A %30 increase over the 150's in performance, and double the capacity is a lot more dramatic.
  8. J

    SCSI Install

    also, what's a good prog for testing the drives?
  9. J

    Best budget AM2/AM2+

    thanks for the replies, do you guys know offhand whether either of these boards are compatible with the new Phenom's?
  10. J

    Card Advice Needed

    thanks, with the rebate that's pretty nice for $119.
  11. J

    Best budget AM2/AM2+

    I am looking for a good budget AM2/AM2+ board. I am really looking for stability over anything else, as the board probably won't get over-clocked too much, with price/features a close second. any links or reviews appreciated too, thanks.
  12. J

    Card Advice Needed

    I am putting together an HTPC, and need advice for a good, cheap low profile AGP card. The box may get used for a little CS Source-ing for visiting friends, but otherwise shouldn't be getting tasked too badly. Also, I could use a few recommendations on the best gaming card for around $150...
  13. J

    SCSI Install

    the drives are Fujitsu MAS3184NP's and the controller is LSI Symbios sym8951u. I realize that I won't get full SCSI benefit since I probably won't have too much random access, but they called to me, what could I do?
  14. J

    WD VelociRaptor

    I've read the reviews for the Veloci's and they look pretty good, but will there be a noticeable difference to my 150's? (asides from the capacity :) )
  15. J

    SCSI Install

    thanks, will the controller make that much difference for a single user? is there that much difference in quality if you aren't max'ing the drives?
Back
Top