Recent content by jkeener71

  1. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    I was just curious is the sound card built into this motherboard really that good? Or is it worth it to buy a sound card to replace it? And if so any good recommendations? Best bang for the buck of course... Thanks!
  2. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    No doubt! I got Guild Wars, Crysis, Fallout3, and Far Cry 2. And man does it look and play great. Oh my Goodness!!! :)
  3. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    Without SLI Bridge Connector 3DMark Score P31455 CPU Score 46647 GPU Score 28374 With SLI Bridge Connector 3DMark Score P34129 CPU Score 46166 GPU Score 31399 Guess it did make a difference.
  4. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    Well I acquired an SLI connector today. Just for the fun of it, I'm going to run 3DMark without the SLI connector first. Then connect the Video cards via the SLI connector, restart my computer and re-run 3DMark and really see what (if any) difference it makes. :D
  5. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    I found the option for enabling the Quad Sli, but after a restart there was a taskbar notification that sli wasn't fully enabled and mentioned something about the bridge connector.
  6. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    Hmm, well what do you know, see below: The SLI bridge is not necessary on most modern day boards including the Intel DX58SO board used on this machine; SLI is already enabled. You will be able to verify by opening the Nvidia control panel (the SLI enabled box will be checked). Please let...
  7. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    They (Intel) built the system for me and shipped it to me, but I noticed that there was no SLI bridge connector connecting my 2 Geforce video cards. Also it was not included in the package. Is it not required? Is it handled via the software?
  8. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    I downloaded CPUz program and after I ran it, it was weird because the multiplier was changing on the fly! :eek: But I'm sure that is how its supposed to be, right? :confused:
  9. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    Finally! Dont feel bad, look at me, still a freaking noob! jkeener71 n00bie, 2.2 Years LOL
  10. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    The Good news, I won this: Congratulations! Your name has been drawn as the winner of the Race To PAX Promotion. You have been drawn to win (1) gaming package. This package includes one(1) gaming system and one (1) trip to the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, WA, September 4-6...
  11. J

    Intel DX58SO x58 1366 Thread

    So I won an Intel contest so this is my new motherboard. I didn't see a thread for this mobo so here goes... Features and benefits: Form factor ATX (12.00 inches by 9.60 inches [304.80 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters]) Processor: Support for a Intel® Core™ i7 processor in an...
  12. J

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Yep, I still love this MB, but then again I got lucky and got a refurbished one for like $65 and I have had it at least 6 months if not more, and it works great even OC'd to 3.4Ghz. :)
  13. J

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6850 - $239 (USD) Seems like a great deal? Should I go for it? How well does this CPU work on this board? Thanks.
  14. J

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Email response from Corsair: Hi, The part that you have sent in is currently on back order at this time I do not have a current ETA. I can offer you a loaner part which would be the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 or we can offer you a refund. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you, RMA...
  15. J

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Well I already got an RMA from Corsair and they are sending me memory replacements. But I will definately keep your suggestion in mind. Hopefully after the new memory, I have no more problems. Still very satisfied with this board that I got for $65! ;)
Back
Top