• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jimmycrank

  1. J

    Need Expert Advice on WHS 2012 R2 Storage Pool

    updated.... Option1 (what I posted above) WHS 2012 R2 1) OS is on Samsung Pro 840 SSD 128gb (new) 2) OS backup on 300gb Raptor (repurpose existing) 3) Client Backup/System Server Shares on a 1TB WD Black (repurpose existing) 4) Client Backup/System Server Shares Backup on a 1TB WD Black...
  2. J

    Need Expert Advice on WHS 2012 R2 Storage Pool

    Just built a new home server on WHS 2012 R2. Purchased all new equipment for the server but have a bunch of drives laying about for storage. Since this is my first foray into the "fun" that is home servers, I could use advice on the best setup for storage. WHS 2012 R2 1) OS is on Samsung...
  3. J

    Need WSE2012 Build Advice

    would a small SSD make a huge difference on the OS drive versus a platter drive? understand that these are faster, and I like the one I have on my main rig, but does it make much of a performance gain on a storage/backup server?
  4. J

    Need WSE2012 Build Advice

    I know people are loving the linux boxes right now, but I want to give WSE2012 a shot to store my media (pictures, videos, music, backups, etc). I'm building a new box and plan to start off with 2 WD 2TB enterprise drives for the simple raid array (will add more later). 1) Is it best...
  5. J

    Resolved.

    Dr... did your new FT02S come with the newer AP-181s? If so, where did you get it?
  6. J

    How does one delete data from bad HDD?

    Just an update... Seems that the problem is that the hard drive is having difficultly getting up to speed which kills the boot. So to get around this... I connect the sata cord to the comp but instead of connecting the power from the comps PSU, I connect an SATA power cord from an IDE/SATA...
  7. J

    Hard Drive Dead ... need advice

    Yeah, I'm not going to lie. I always seem to suffer from paralysis by analysis when it comes to purchasing hardware. However, I was justifying it in this case since the next gen are right around the corner. I'll look into your options, thanks. Tom
  8. J

    Hard Drive Dead ... need advice

    nothing fancy. win 7 64bit. I was looking to replace the raptor before it died, but looks like the timetable has been accelerated for me.
  9. J

    How does one delete data from bad HDD?

    haha... thermite. I'm not sure that thermite falls under "normal operating conditions" to satisfy the RMA.
  10. J

    Hard Drive Dead ... need advice

    Is that a PCI-e card? Whats the difference between a standard SSD with SATA interface vs one with a PCI-e interface?
  11. J

    How does one delete data from bad HDD?

    I'd like to send my HD to the manufacturer to get it RMAd (it's still under warranty). However, my bios cannot recognize the drive to access it to write zeros. What are my options?
  12. J

    Hard Drive Dead ... need advice

    So it appears that my 300gb WD Raptor kicked the bucket. The comp can't recognize it. I've tried multiple tools to access it and because the bios can't read it, the tools can't help. I've also moved it to another comp and connected it via usb/sata adaptor and nothing. So I have a couple...
  13. J

    Resolved.

    Just like the title... which video card design is preferred in the FT02? External Exhaust? or Reference Cooler? I'm looking to upgrade my 9800GTX+ to a 460 and can't decide on either the external exhaust design (which is apparently much louder) or the reference design. I'd prefer the...
  14. J

    Resolved.

    Did anyone get a non-windowed silver version recently with the AP-181s? If so, where. I want to make sure I don't get old stock with the previous fans.
  15. J

    Resolved.

    anyone have any idea where i can find a silver version with the new AP-181s?
Back
Top