• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jawesome

  1. J

    CPU burning hot

    Thanks guys. I'm gonna upgrade the case to that Antec 900, get a new mobo, get some non-stock fans for the case, and redo the thermal paste and the HSF, and give it a go. Still thinking about the pina coladas though... This round's on me. =]
  2. J

    Network adapter problems. Mobo be dying or something else?

    Yep they're all windows 7. =/ Meh, this is a bummer. No way to check the NIC aside from what I've done is there? I guess I will replace. =/ Suppose I will get this: ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard My HDD is a 3.0 sata but this still supports it...
  3. J

    CPU burning hot

    I have a raidmax smilodon. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156098 ) I'm not sure if I can get bigger fans in there... probably not. Is my only option for cooling at this point a new case or some crazy water setup? =/ Would Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower...
  4. J

    CPU burning hot

    i7 920, ASUS p6t x58 deluxe, win7 64bit. Not overclocked, no problems with this system for 1.5 years til last week. Last week my HDD suddenly crashed and burned. I thought that was the extent of the problem. Today I see that the CPU is running at 60* C with no load, just booted windows after...
  5. J

    Network adapter problems. Mobo be dying or something else?

    Hi Danny Bui, thanks for replying. Yes, I installed the 64 bit software for the adapters. The odd thing is, I also have a folder with the drivers from the manufacturer and I am supposed to be able to navigate to this folder if the software doesn't work and I can manually point it to the...
  6. J

    Network adapter problems. Mobo be dying or something else?

    My HDD failed last week very suddenly and brutally. It made a horrible noise and shut down. I bought a new hard drive and installed it, reinstalled windows 7 64bit. Seems ok, I can load windows and all. But the network adapter isn't detecting properly and it's not connecting. The wired...
Back
Top