• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by JargonGR

  1. J

    Will a 1080Ti manage a resolution of 5120X2160 @ 120Hz?

    As I mentioned in a previous post I am on track for a full upgrade and the monitor is something that increases my productivity (and helps my eyes). So naturally the next thing in line is the GPU. Yes, I am not gaming but I do want the option even if I play once in a blue moon. The GPU will be...
  2. J

    Will a 1080Ti manage a resolution of 5120X2160 @ 120Hz?

    Yes but bear in mind that "this PC" makes money so, well, power is not that big of an issue....I am paying over $1000 per month in subscriptions for example (tools) so the extra on the power bill from a 5090 vs a lesser card is what? Yet, I want the option to be able to launch a game if I wish...
  3. J

    Will a 1080Ti manage a resolution of 5120X2160 @ 120Hz?

    Thanks for the replies guys. I wanted to confirm that the new monitor will not work over 60Hz at the Dell's "5K" resolution. The thing is that the 1080ti (Asus Strix) is in an fully custom water cooling loop with bent tubes, etc, etc. Besides that I intend to get a 5090 a few months after they...
  4. J

    Will a 1080Ti manage a resolution of 5120X2160 @ 120Hz?

    Well I almost certain it will not but I am still planning to buy a Dell U4025QW and need to know if its working. I am also using a 27" G2724D as my second monitor. I am doing professional web design & development work mostly along with heavy multitasking (several apps). I intend to upgrade my...
  5. J

    Monitor for productivity work (32" 4k or 40" 5k) - replacing a Benq SW320 - was thinking of Asus Rog Swift OLED PG32UCDM but.....😱

    Since I don't see anything else like this Dell on the horizon (I think Dell scored some exclusivity with LG??), yes I intend to buy it but yes the price is high. If I do get it it will be around July if at the earliest and this given that I will have paid my kids school tuition fees first...
  6. J

    Monitor for productivity work (32" 4k or 40" 5k) - replacing a Benq SW320 - was thinking of Asus Rog Swift OLED PG32UCDM but.....😱

    yes I read some user feedback about it in reddit and honestly since I am not playing games i doubt I will notice it. Even the guys from rtings admitted that it is a perfectly fine office/productivity monitor and will make it to their recommendations for that kind of usage. My current BENQ...
  7. J

    Monitor for productivity work (32" 4k or 40" 5k) - replacing a Benq SW320 - was thinking of Asus Rog Swift OLED PG32UCDM but.....😱

    I am not going OLED, I honestly don't game and never watch movies on my PC (we have TVs for that) so it's 99% work. After doing some research I think I am going to go with the Dell U4025QW and call it a day. I really can use the extra resolution, it's great for office/productivity use according...
  8. J

    Monitor for productivity work (32" 4k or 40" 5k) - replacing a Benq SW320 - was thinking of Asus Rog Swift OLED PG32UCDM but.....😱

    Well to be honest having the Dell (which at 120hz) next to the BENQ SW320 for quite some time I can't say that the 60Hz bothers me.....I use the 27 for typing/reading text and the 32" for designing and web dev. I need quite a lot of desktop space for web development since my toolset (left &...
  9. J

    Monitor for productivity work (32" 4k or 40" 5k) - replacing a Benq SW320 - was thinking of Asus Rog Swift OLED PG32UCDM but.....😱

    Hello everyone, My Benq SW320 needs to be replaced (red line) and I am looking for a new main monitor (also using a second monitor - Dell G2723D 2560X1440 @120Hz). I don't game at all but would like the option once in a while. I work up to 10 hours a day and in some cases the monitor could be...
  10. J

    Steampunk PC Modding Concept

    I always admired those who can create what they imagine in 3D! I can think and imagine but not time to learn 3DS - I am into web development and there is simply no time.
  11. J

    Would you use Opera GX?

    Well just checked my stats with an extension - I am using Windows 11, Firefox Developer Edition - 32 Windows Open & 1582 Tabs! - I haven't tested, but I don't think anything else can handle that. No crashes - no slodowns - It is using about 10GB Ram - I have 64GB installed. I have all the...
  12. J

    Do I need RAID? What should I do to Mirror my 14TB disks?

    I second that. You can also schedule it (Windows Scheduler) to run automatically.
  13. J

    What do you think of Gaia-X European Initiative for Federated Dataspaces? Could it actually work?

    This is not a corporate entity though......it is an open standard from a non-profit organization and it is based on open source software....The members are there to contribute knowledge and not impose directives. I have some clients that could make use of it that's why I am looking forward to...
  14. J

    What do you think of Gaia-X European Initiative for Federated Dataspaces? Could it actually work?

    I was browsing their website recently and they seem to be pushing for quite an ambitious goal. They are aiming to develop a standard that allows seamless interoperability between cloud providers and the sharing of data through a cloud layer (their reference solution) that ensures security...
  15. J

    GPU prices — is the worst behind us ?

    I lost interest in high end GPUs and still have a water cooled 1080Ti because I only play 1-2 games per year and maybe less........ I enjoyed the latest hardware up to a point when prices were not ridiculous so that I could just have occasional fun in very short does of 20 minutes sessions...
Back
Top