• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jamestown

  1. J

    system stability issues, what do I try / do next?

    I read that that one warning (error) is caused by native command queing, so while Im at it Ill give it try a with that turned off as well.
  2. J

    system stability issues, what do I try / do next?

    There are no errors in either the application or system event logs. There are a couple of warnings, "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation." Neither...
  3. J

    system stability issues, what do I try / do next?

    Win xp pro sp2 System screen says Version 2002
  4. J

    system stability issues, what do I try / do next?

    I recently made the jump to sata drives (a 320gb wd and 750gb wd), and since then I have noticed some oddities in system stability that I have not been able to figure out the cause of. I don't get bsod, and I don't get the windows message "program x has to close etc.". Sometimes the computer...
  5. J

    Problem w/Corsair 620w

    I have/had the same problem with my hx520. The fan must be really close to some internal component, as depending on how you "flex" the case you get that clicking noise. I ended up solving this by loosening some of the mounting screws and tightening others. Regards, James
  6. J

    Should I lap my cpu?

    Unfortunately the difference was the same on the same cores when I rotated the heatsink. I could go to the next step and remove the ihs, but i have definitely read about some horror stories with that. Due to the risk, maybe i'll just declare my x2 4400 the winner for now and start looking at...
  7. J

    Should I lap my cpu?

    I ended up lapping my cpu today. Picked up 300 600 and 1500 grade paper and a small glass mirror and got to work for a few hours. Turns out on my cpu the center of the IHS was already one of the highest (if not the highest) part. As such, when I reinstalled everything, no significant change from...
  8. J

    Should I lap my cpu?

    So I'm basically trying to get my system as close to silent as possible. My attention has recently turned to getting a new hsf for my older x2 4400. My original heatsink (xp-90) that I resued from an older P4 1.6 478 system I had was no longer cutting it as I have to run the fan somewhat fast...
  9. J

    true 120 and 939 mounting options

    Hello! Well I finally broke down and ordered a true 120 for my (old) x2 4400 socket 939 to get that extra bit of silent in my current setup. I noticed that because of the 939 mounting hardware that comes separately...
  10. J

    Corsair 550W clicking... 2 in a row.

    My hx520 had some loud clicking when I first installed it, however as soon as the system boots it must be drawing enough power to speed up the fan slightly, or maybe the fan voltage evens out or the fan bearings warm up or something because the clicking goes away and it becomes very very quiet...
  11. J

    Kingwin Revolution RVT-12025/OEM Xigmatek HDT-S1283 deserves more attention.

    anyone know a store that distributes either of these heatsinks in Canada? I don't really want to pony up the cash for a TRUE and the 939 adaptor for it (about 75$ total from ncix.com)
  12. J

    Got my Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U "Gaming" 1080p display today!

    lol ya they all do it. my advice to you is if you dont see it, dont look for it!
  13. J

    Got my Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U "Gaming" 1080p display today!

    I have tried those settings as well with no improvement. Anyway I am going to keep this set too, as mine has a very even backlight (unlike my dell 2005fpw) and no dead pixels. This set performs in movies and games. Watching The Departed yesterday there was only one brief scene that I noticed...
  14. J

    Got my Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U "Gaming" 1080p display today!

    The last two pictures represent pretty accurately the change in the colors depending on if you are displaying a light image or a dark image. This makes it very hard to adjust the colors on this display, as they seem to be dynamic. Is there a way to turn this off? Regards, James
  15. J

    Got my Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U "Gaming" 1080p display today!

    I got my gp1u today. Why does this display insist on dynamically modifying the color? Has anyone figured out how to stop this yet? I'm going to post pics of this soon as photo bucket sends me my password. Regards, James
Back
Top