Recent content by ivanchin99

  1. I

    Upgrading my 4850?

    Silverstone 560w 1680 x 1050 used to be playing footballmanager, crysis, cod, grid.. Looking forward to the sequals to mass effect, assassin creed, bioshock, cod modern warfare2 ... Thanks:)
  2. I

    Upgrading my 4850?

    Well i've been away from my pc for almost a year now, so i have no idea where does my pc setup stands in the midst of new games coming out.. E2180 3.2ghz 4gb ram ATI 4850 512mb If you were me, what would you be looking to upgrade for more gaming performance? Is the upgrade to 5000...
  3. I

    HD4850 at 115 Celcius

    My 4580 used to hit ~99c in temperature at full load, even after removing the side panel for better airflow. Worried, i asked if 95c is okay for the card at amd forum. Some dude there assure me the temperature is within a safe range. I dont buy that and for some assurance, bought myself a...
  4. I

    New 9.6 cat drivers out

    9.6 Catalyst driver gave me vpu recover playing warcraft 3.. twice. Once during underclock 160/500 and another at 625/993. So back to 9.6 Beta for me. I guess everyone's card is different huh? :)
  5. I

    Catalyst 9.5

    9.4 vs 9.5 http://vr-zone.com/articles/catalyst-9.4-vs-catalyst-9.5-8-benchmarks-/7056.html?doc=7056
  6. I

    HD 4830 vpu recover issues

    Got rid of my vpu recover issue by clean installing catalyst 9.3
  7. I

    HD 4830 vpu recover issues

    I have the vpu recover when i installed 9.3 over 8.12 without clean install, havent seen it in ages
  8. I

    Catalyst 8.12

    Any Grand theft auto Iv improvements?
  9. I

    HD3870 --> HD4850?

    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/731/10/ Yep 4850 > 3870x2 > 3870. If you can afford 3870x2, you should probably go for 4870 instead although 4850 is the best value for money
  10. I

    4850 not underclocking?

    If your card isnt underclocking itself in power-saving mode, an alternative is using 'Auto Overclocking' in Ati Tray tools..
  11. I

    Cheap Palit 4850 on NewEgg

    Overclocking? how much extra fps can you squeeze out from overclocking anyway?
  12. I

    What OS are you guys running to play your games???

    Only 2gb ram = still on XP :P
  13. I

    Radeon 4870 - terrible performance, fps drop, alt-tab slowness

    '30-45 second delay when switching between a 3d application and deskop. Warcraft3 for example takes almost 45 seconds to tab out of. This includes a couple flashes of the desktop, a resize or two, then a final load. Audio loops during this process.' You know, my alt tabbing out of warcraft 3...
  14. I

    Radeon 4870 - terrible performance, fps drop, alt-tab slowness

    Just wondering what psu are you using? Though from your description, it looks like a driver problem? But you said you've reformat and the problem persisted?
Back
Top