I worked in a computer repair shop for a while....
They're a few types of people who purchase computers:
Elderly people who know nothing about PC's and want something that's easiest to use, preferably Windows XP or even Windows 95 and has a dial up modem
People who have done some Google...
For those would like to know what the issue was:
I reinstalled Windows 10 Home with no success with the issue.
I took the motherboard out of the case and booted that way - issue persisted.
Tested the RAM on a different PC - did fine.
Tested (stress) the GPU on a different PC - did fine...
Think it maybe a PSU issue even if it was happening with a different PSU of same power?
When you mentioned pulling it out and bench testing it - do you mean just hook it up outside of the case and running tests via Windows?
Ah yes, thank you for reminding me!
I'm currently testing the 2nd HDD (1 TB) right now that I know that it's partitioned this way, so I can't boot the computer right this moment.
There were several errors under Windows >System that said it was "Unspecified". These would appear each time...
Hello all,
I have a very troubling issue I've been working on the last few days and I can't seem to find any solution and it's really getting to me!
I'm helping a friend with his custom PC, he purchased from CyberPowerPC. It's out of warranty and was working fine until about a week ago.
The PC...
I was wondering that too, I did not see on the AlphaCool site what exactly the block covered or did not rather.
I'm still set on board with running both setups but if not the GPU then what?
Would it be more worth while getting something like a 1070/1080 or would that potentially be pointless...
RedWagnum thanks for the input - I don' think tube type or another loop will make/break me doing this and I tried to state earlier that money was not a deciding factor. However I can build a engine, yet cannot cook very well....:unsure:
Zarathustra - Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
I wasn't set on FrozenCPU to order directly but it's good to know - I did however notice that majority (90% of the products I was wanting to order) were out of stock. I ordered from them maybe 10 years ago and was surprised when I found they...
I'm currently planning a new build and would like any input the HF community has as I am new to the water cooling process. I would like to stay away from the AIO systems and do most of the work myself / have something a little more custom.
I plan to do some overclocking but nothing major and...
I renamed the folder - but since I deleted it (2 weeks ago) it never made new files? I haven't looked in this folder since I deleted the files.... Shouldn't it have made new files??
No I never set up any domains.
And I'll have to clarify - it didn't happen right after we reinstalled Windows but shortly after. The pin and login/lock screen were working fine after the re-installation but only for a week or so.
Let me know if I missed any questions or suggestions, I was...
Muz thanks for your reply.
First link:
It's for Windows 7 & 8.... these are the steps:
Try the below steps and check if that helps:
Open Settings.
Click on Accounts.
Select Sign-in options.
Look for PIN. Since you have already created a pin, you should be getting option as Forgot my PIN...
Hello all!
I have a problem I'm at my ends with right now. I recently (few weeks ago) upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro. There was a problem with my OS and Microsoft had to remotely clean install Windows Pro for me because they wouldn't give me a .iso for some reason.
Fast forward to...