A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Hey Guys,
I've posted this a few times here and received some great feedback. I'll be live streaming while I work on the case today. Would really like some feedback if your interested!
https://www.twitch.tv/make4io
I hate using glue because I feel like it's a hack. However, the more off-the-shelf cases that I look at, their power/reset/usb connectors are just covered in what looks like a white hot-glue. So I don't feel that bad about it anymore.
If you notice the USB/Audio has a small 2mm high wall around it .... When the dell-io box is placed inside that wall, it leaves a 1mm space around the entire dell part. I place the dell part on the 3D printed mount and then take a large syringe and apply a small layer of adhesive around the...
Good point. I should of mentioned that. I bought 50 of these on ebay. They are from some dell OEM machines. They are readily available for multiple sellers. I think I paid $1 each.
http://imgur.com/a/XdfJp
I use Titebond II Premium and I clamp it really well. This glue is rated at 3,750 psi and 72% wood failure rate (meaning it's more likely that the wood would break vs. the glue joint). I've put a 50lb weight in the case and just held onto the top board. I don't foresee any issues with...
I just finished my second prototype of this case about 3 weeks ago. I just recently got all the build pictures together to do a post.
I'm already onto the 3rd prototype that fixes a lot of issues with this case. My goal is to make a truly usable wooden case that can be made fairly easy...
With the case laying flat (not upright) it sags a little, maybe .... 3mm at the center. It holds fine in the vertical position. The Supermicro motherboard has something like 16 anchor points. The weight is spread fairly evenly across the MDF.
My newer version has a lot more support. I'll...