Recent content by Intruder

  1. I

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    I thought only the 2007 was an S-IPS. :confused:
  2. I

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    Press menu and "+" then press power, release all buttons, when monitor powers up press "-". Got it. Damn...
  3. I

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    After almost a month of waiting for my replacement I am delighted to say that I got an S-IPS display. Shipped from Sparks, NV. Last one shipped from Patrick, NV. Both REV A03. For some reason I can't get in the service menu right now because I forgot the finger twisting combination, but I have...
  4. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    I never installed XP on this system. And I am running 32-bit Vista.
  5. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    "Choose a name and picture"
  6. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    And now it's "completing installation". WTF? It took less than 10 minutes to install?!
  7. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    I finally took the SATA burner out of the box. I installed it, powered up the PC and got inside the BIOS to disable the JMicron POS controller. Save & Exit.... Vista starts to load. I noticed that the initial load took a lot longer (the grey bar moving across the bottom of the screen before...
  8. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    I feel like an idiot. It worked for a bit, then I restarted the PC and the same shit started happening over and over again. It looks like master/slave doesn't make any difference. I am starting to think that I got a bad motherboard. My Intel SATA controller is configured as SATA, but when...
  9. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    Eureka! With the last breath of hope of getting this cheap NEC drive to work ($90 for a SATA DVD burner seemed a little steep) I decided to switch the jumper on the NEC drive from MASTER to SLAVE and connect it to the SLAVE connector of the PATA cable (previously on MASTER - single drive on...
  10. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    I have 3 sets of JM drivers - 2 from the Asus website and 1 from their own. All of them produce the same result - DVD drive comes alive, starts spinning, stops, spins up again, stops... repeat 20 times... BSOD. I found a thread on another forum where people have had the same exact issue...
  11. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    When I get to the pop up it doesn't ask specifically for a JMicron driver. It asks for a CD/DVD drive driver required to install Vista. I am guessing it needs the JMicron driver, so that's what I've been trying to give it. Unfortunately that driver kills the system. DVD drive starts to spool...
  12. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    It is an IDE drive. It is also the only drive connected to the condemned JMicron controller, and it is also set to IDE mode. The Intel controller is set to RAID. What is AHCI anyway?
  13. I

    P5B Deluxe and Vista

    Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate on my newly built system, but I'm getting a message box right in the beginning asking me for a "required CD/DVD drive device driver". I've attached an NEC DVD-RW drive to the only PATA connector on the mobo. What am I missing here...
  14. I

    Rebuilding RAID arrays on a new controller

    Quick question, folks... I'm about to build a new PC, and I'm transferring my current hard drives to it, but I'm not sure what's gonna happen to my RAID arrays. I have two RAID 0 arrays. One is on a PCI card (Sil chipset), the other is on the mobo (Asus P4P800-E, Intel controller). How...
  15. I

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    I just called and initiated an exchange. They're shipping my new monitor, so I'll update when I receive it. I also live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Back
Top