• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by IndyColtsFan

  1. I

    SSD Hardware life

    I built a server in 2013 and it has run 24/7 since then, with two Samsung 830 SSDs mirrored for the OS and they’re still going strong. As a matter-of-fact, I think I’ve only had to replace one fan and one spinner in the entire time.
  2. I

    Creality K2 Plus

    So with your regular PLA (I assume it wasn’t hyper or rapid PLA), did you adjust your print speed or just use the slicer defaults? I loaded Creality Slicer 6 last night and at least at first glance, I didn’t see a print speed difference between their Hyper PLA and Generic PLA profiles.
  3. I

    Creality K2 Plus

    Many of the K2 units (including mine) had broken feet, as the screws were sheared in transit. I was able to extract it and had another screw to screw the foot back on but did ask Creality to send a replacement. The stock feet were kind of a bad design and the replacement feet include an...
  4. I

    Creality K2 Plus

    So, does anyone know which nozzles the K2 will use? I’d like to pick up some spare parts before I get mine.
  5. I

    Microsoft lays off employees in new round of cuts

    The head of my division (I’m a staff consultant at a large tech consultancy) has a degree in marketing if I recall correctly. Many of us joke that every time we have a meeting with him, it’s like talking to a used car salesman. I just want them to leave me alone, let me do my job for a few...
  6. I

    Microsoft lays off employees in new round of cuts

    I work with project managers on every project unfortunately. I make way more than they do and that’s a good thing, since I inevitably end up managing them too in most cases.
  7. I

    Microsoft lays off employees in new round of cuts

    I’m not entirely sure you understand what a Product Manager is. A Product Manager generally doesn’t manage engineering teams in my experience. They’re usually a liaison with the business to discuss feature changes, enhancements, etc, prioritizes them, and then works with engineering management...
  8. I

    Microsoft lays off employees in new round of cuts

    As someone who works in tech, there’s a lot of dead weight in these kinds of roles and they seem to multiply. If you look at some of the layoff subs on Reddit, product management is one of the most affected areas. Some orgs are shifting some of that responsibility to engineering leads and...
  9. I

    Creality K2 Plus

    I got one on the 40% off preorder deal. I hope I didn’t make a mistake, but I was getting tired of waiting for a larger format printer from Bambu.
  10. I

    Nvidia Vaults Past Apple and Microsoft To Become World's Most Valuable Company

    I can tell you this much. I work in consulting and we are overwhelmed with base-level AI engagements. Every CIO and his brother is jumping in head first to understand the current tech state and how it could help their orgs in the future. Corporate boards see dollar signs so I believe the...
  11. I

    X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

    Yeah, I had trouble with DOCP but then I noticed the BIOS was pretty old so I upgraded and my b-die is working fine at speed now. From recollection, I think on my last board I did exactly that - just enabled PBO and left it alone after hours of tweaking.
  12. I

    X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

    The warranty seems to be 2 years, so it is out of warranty. I did swap the board out this afternoon. I'm back up and running. I can research this of course, but anyone want to give me a quick OC tip for a 5950x? I lost all my settings with the old board and I had OCed it 3 years ago. :D
  13. I

    X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

    I think it was something I definitely did, but not the end of the world. I got the replacement board at lunch and will try to get it swapped out tonight. If one of you guys lived near me, I’d pay you to do it - I hate this stuff now. Lol
  14. I

    X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

    Yeah, this worked fine before I tried installing the nvme drive in the bottom slot and I’ll admit, I had lots of problems keep things steady so it’s looking like when something slipped I may have done something. The local Microcenter had 4 of the Dark Hero boards still in stock so I grabbed one...
Back
Top