Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Oh and i'm not sure if i've posted in the correct section. If it's better placed somewhere else please cause a Mod move it?
@gea you have pm as you're the most knowledgeable person I know of with zfs :)
Hi everyone
Would someone be able to assist with troubleshooting the following problem? I have OmniOS installed on top of ESXi 5.1 with my drives passed through to OmniOS for use in ZFS storage. Everything has been running fine but I brought my server to work and found really horrible network...
Hi everyone
So I'm trying to plan out the next roadmap for my storage server. I've managed thus far to build it up as such:
Norco RPC-4224
24 x 2Tb drives (mostly seagate LP's)
1 x 250gb plain ol' sata drive for OS / VM's
2 x Intel Xeon L5520 (2.26ghz quad w H/T)
Intel S5520HC...
Yeah, that makes sense. I knew raid 5/6 weren't great for i/o (no one seems to have a really good way of predicting / measuring raid i/o performance) but I think I might have missed that the discussion was aimed solely at i/o performance and not general read / write performance for large copies...
Just going a few posts back, something left me confused. Are you guys saying that zfs raidz (1/2/3) only gives the performance of one drive? Could you guys explain that while keeping in mind that I'm used to the performance of traditional raid 5 and 6 being way higher than a single drive due to...
That supermicro board looks like a very good contender and I've been considering getting myself the mATX version. However, take a look at the TYAN equivalent
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813151243
The reason to maybe go for that one is that all the NIC's are Intel...
I vote for freenas. You can do zfs with it and it has "raid" levels built into the file system. Also, all information regarding the "raid" (i put it in exclamation marks because they don't use raid, but a similar concept) is stored on metadata on the disks. It becomes totally hardware...
I love that snes pc. He really put some effort into it. I think what the raspberry pi could do is help projects like that to happen without as many of the hardware issues that the snes pc guy had. Perhaps we should ask the snes pc guy to put up an image of his drive so we can try run it on the pi