Recent content by hmorphone

  1. H

    XP Pro Install - Partition Problem

    I just built a new C2D rig. In preperation for the build I used my old rig to format the new hard drive with NTFS and create two large partitions. I'm considering picking up Vista later on and going dual boot with each OS on it's own partition. When I built the rig (and installed XP Pro)...
  2. H

    Which hardware is failing?

    I reinstalled the Ultra D, made sure all 4 power connections were in place, and attempted to boot. Pretty much the same symptoms. No post, 3 out of the 4 diagnostic lights light up, and then it drops back to only one lit. I'm ruling out the mobo as the problem at this point. I still don't...
  3. H

    Which hardware is failing?

    Ah hah! I may not have had the molex in the lower right connected. I'm not sure if that totally explains the rigs behavior, but it certainly might solve the problem. Thanks!
  4. H

    Which hardware is failing?

    Let's see... I had the 24 pin, the 4 pin, and the one that uses the floppy connector all hooked to the board. I can't see where the fourth one is in the pic ?
  5. H

    Which hardware is failing?

    My apologys about the readability, I've just edited it in an attempt to make it a little better. If I go by the DFI led lights, when they settle down it seems to indicate the CPU. I did have all 3 of the power connectors hooked up to the board. Specs: Athlon 64 3000+ s939 XP-90 w/Panaflo DFI...
  6. H

    suggestion for an upgrade?

    Another vote for upgrading the monitor.
  7. H

    Which hardware is failing?

    About 1 1/2 years ago I built my rig. For around a year life was good :cool: . Then my original DFI Ultra D's chipset fan started to die. When I got an Evercool VC-RE to replace it I decided to do the SLI mod while I was at it and apparently I borked the board :eek: - it never posted again...
  8. H

    Problems with X1950XTX

    You may also want to try one of the 2 molex to 1 PCI-E adapters that are coming with some cards now.
  9. H

    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770) and ATI drivers

    I had that problem. The .NET update wouldn't install (with CCC running) until I uninstalled .NET 2.0 then reinstalled it and installed the hotfix without rebooting.
  10. H

    X1900GT 256MB PCI-E vs X800XL 256MB PCI-E

    I did that exact swap, and I found it to be a very big difference, not huge, but still a very big difference. I would recommend it as long as you pay no more than $200 for the GT.
Back
Top