Recent content by hi_fi82

  1. H

    Upgrade or Downgrade?

    Final Choices: BIC DV62si 120/pair Polk Monitor 40 150/pair Yamaha NS-6490 150/pair Yamaha NS-333 200/pair Polk Audio Tsi100 200/pair Infinity Primus P162 250/pair Energy CB-10 250/pair
  2. H

    Upgrade or Downgrade?

    Thanks for the recommendations, will keep my eye out for those. Yes, the Audioengines aren't cheap, but I am looking for a passive system that can outperform them at a lower price point. I say this because I feel that the Audioengines are overpriced and the premium is due to their...
  3. H

    Upgrade or Downgrade?

    Looking to replace my Audioengine A5's with a decent bookshelf/combo set, prefer to be better than the a5. Range would be about $200 for the pair, any suggestions?
  4. H

    tSc ASW10 Subwoofer

    Yeah, too bad. For their budget price, the products were outstanding. This is not spam, just thought you all may be interested
  5. H

    tSc ASW10 Subwoofer

    Thanks to everyone's help on this forum, I bought an audioengine 5 and paired it with a 10" subwoofer from The Speaker Company. While it's sad to see that company go, their products were outstanding. The problem with this sub is that it overpowers my audioengines. Therefore, if anybody is in...
  6. H

    POLL: Budget Subwoofer

    Thanks for the input! I've read mixed reviews concerning the Polk compared to the entry-level Dayton/Energy subs. I looked into BIC and Velodyne subs, but they seem too usually far-exceed my budget. Although, I will look into the BIC F12 on the cheappp. Would love to know how the ESW8 compares...
  7. H

    POLL: Budget Subwoofer

    After browsing through this forum, head-fi, and avs I believe I have a generally good idea on the best subs <$200. Which one of these seems to the best value and performing for their price-point? Any other recommendations are appreciated as well! Dayton Sub - 80 - $95 tSc ASW-8 -...
  8. H

    Monitors + Subwoofer

    I don't understand...why cant I just feed the audio cable from the dvd player to the line-in on the sub and use the line-outs for the monitors since other people are connecting their computers 3.5 mm to rca directly to their subs line-in.
  9. H

    Monitors + Subwoofer

    I already own the D1080's and am looking at pairing them with a sub. As I am looking at the Energy ESW8, I would use this diagram to connect the swans to the sub. http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/317/diypowered21.jpg BUT...how would I connect something such as a dvd player to the system. Can...
  10. H

    Monitors + Subwoofer

    Thanks for the input. I guessed that wasn't that great of a sub. This is my second option: http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/reviews/549150508/energy-esw8hg How would I go about connecting the swans to this sub?
  11. H

    Monitors + Subwoofer

    I am planning to purchase a Dayton ES8 (good sub?) to compliment my Swans D1080 I know that I can run a headphone to rca plug to the line-in and a double-sided rca from the line-out to the master speaker for the computer hook-up. BUT, how can I hook-up a dvd player to the sub? Would I...
  12. H

    Swans D1080 Problem

    Case Closed. Parts Express offered to switch them out for a new set. What's the chance that this set will be defective as well. In the manual, HiVi claims a .8% defective rate on their speakers, but from what i've read, their seem to be a lot of problems with them. Would a M-Audio AV40 be a...
  13. H

    Swans D1080 Problem

    So. these speakers are that fragile? I can't set the wave/volume control volume from the computer to a high-level? They haven't shorted-out since I turned off the equalizer.
  14. H

    Swans D1080 Problem

    The volume knob hasn't gone past 25%. Received them from Parts-Express.
  15. H

    Swans D1080 Problem

    Hi, I just received the Swan D1080 set (after much research), and while they look and sound beautiful, for some reason they stop emitting sound at random times and I have to turn off the unit and turn it back on. I received them from Parts-Express. Anyone else experience this? Do I have a...
Back
Top