• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by haysupimark

  1. H

    California Waiving Environmental Rules For Tesla Battery Factory?

    As a resident in the area with several friends and acquaintances at SpaceX and a few other related companies, the reason Tesla/SpaceX/everybody is looking elsewhere isn't because of any environmental regulations per se. Tesla wouldn't be able to get this factory's ground broken, have it built...
  2. H

    Tesla Demos 90 Second Battery Swap

    Longer driving distances and the fact that gasoline was cheaper than water. In 1910. That trend has been reversed for the past 10 years, with commute miles getting shorter across the US and gas prices having never been higher in history except during the Arab Oil Embargo. And people...
  3. H

    Apple's Tax Hypocrisy

    It's not "allows these loopholes to exist". Somebody wrote those loopholes into law. Somebody created the loophole, lobbied a congressman or two to support it, who then inserted it into a bill which was voted on and passed. And then ran all the way to the bank. Loopholes are created...
  4. H

    EA Gifting Free Game to SimCity Players

    Free game? How about a refund?
  5. H

    EA Suspends SimCity Marketing Campaigns

    Unless "fixed" means "offline play without requiring an internet connection", then I'm afraid this is a pooch that can't be un-screwed.
  6. H

    Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Discount Still Available

    I've used Windows 8 both at home and professionally since it came out. I am switching both of those systems back to Windows 7 next weekend. As is my company, which normally stays on the cutting-edge of Microsoft products. We are rolling back about 800 systems to Windows 7. Kyle posted a...
  7. H

    Nonfree DRM'd Games on GNU/Linux: Good or Bad?

    This is really more of a matter of ideology than it is any kind of practicality or matters of adoption. "Free software" means "you are free to modify the source code", and "you are free to copy in any way that you like with nothing more than giving some written credit". This is ideology...
  8. H

    Dell U3011 coming soon.

    So I've done some research and I think I'm pretty much sold on buying one of these (U3011) as my new primary monitor. For reference, my "current" primary monitor, and the last one I ever bought is a 2405FPW which is finally starting to experience some burn-in. That's been a long time, no? I'm...
  9. H

    Windows 8 Falls Further Behind Windows 7 in Pre-Launch Stats

    I don't think people are as desperate to use a beta version of Windows 8 over Windows 7 as we were to use a beta version of Windows 7 over Vista. That said, I'm having a lot of trouble getting comfortable with Metro. I would love it if I had a touch screen monitor, but I don't. I might...
  10. H

    Project Glass: Live Demo At Google I/O

    So... Project Glass is essentially a camera that's always on and always watching? That's it? No thanks.
  11. H

    Ubuntu Sees Massive Slide in Popularity

    Mint is essentially based off of Ubuntu - it uses most of Ubuntu's packages, plus a few of its own. Updates come from Ubuntu's repositories. Mint Debian isn't so bad, but the difference, like Debian itself, is that it's not as out-of-the-box as Ubuntu was. Unity is extraordinarily...
  12. H

    Apple Kicks Developer That Found iOS Security Flaw

    Standard procedure upon identifying and being able to reproduce the flaw is to inform the vendor and work with them to close the vuln. This guy didn't do that. All he did was point out that Apple's App Store submission process is flawed- which we knew- and did it like a dick. You become...
  13. H

    Apple Still Doesn't Understand How DST Works

    To be fair, a lot of people don't understand DST: what possible rational reason we have for its use, why the US government at least keeps trying to change when it happens, and also why we have it at all when it changes the legal definition of an FLSA-compliant work week (DST was introduced after...
  14. H

    Netflix Fails To Secure @Quikster

    I get the feeling it was all done on purpose. Any business major fresh out of Tech School would have called this a bad move- and I have yet to find anything Stupid about Netflix. I mean, seriously, who still uses DVDs? This thing reeks of "Let's make it harder and more complicated to rent...
  15. H

    48% of Google+ Users Haven't Made a Public Post

    So... Google Plus isn't Facebook? People can easily ensure their privacy? How exactly is this a bad thing?
Back
Top