Recent content by gurumute

  1. G

    About to do a system upgrade, need clarification

    But you don't lose a lot by having a PCIe 5.0 X8 running a PCIe 4.0 X16 Card since PCIE 5.0 x8 has the same bandwidth as PCIE 4.0 x16 at 32GB/s. I could understand the argument if I had a PCIe 5.0 Video card (which there are none of yet).
  2. G

    About to do a system upgrade, need clarification

    If I install the following: 1) Intel Core i9-13900KS 2) Kingston Technology Kingston Fury Beast RGB Black 128GB (4x32GB) 5600MT/s 3) Crucial T700 2TB Gen5 NVMe M.2 SSD - Up to 12,400 MB/s (Installed into the M.2_1 slot) 4) WD_BLACK 4TB SN850X (X2 - Raid 1, installed into the M.2_2 and M.2_3...
  3. G

    Overclocking for the first time, running into problems :(

    Ocellaris - I reset CMOS back to it's default so I would assume it wouldn't play with the timings
  4. G

    Overclocking for the first time, running into problems :(

    Well I've tried all four memory sticks in DIMM slot A1 and they all lock the system at 16%. I thought maybe DIMM slot A1 might be bad so I tried DIMM slot B1 and still the same issue, locks at 16%. What does this mean? Are all four of the memory sticks bad, is my Mobo bad (if so what other tests...
  5. G

    Overclocking for the first time, running into problems :(

    Thank you Ocellaris and Arak for your replies and sorry for the delay (family and work) in my findings. So before I reseted everything in the BIOS back to it’s default settings I wanted to run MemTest86. So before running the test I checked the info on my memory and it seemed odd that #2 wasn’t...
  6. G

    Overclocking for the first time, running into problems :(

    Yes it does show the correct speed in HWiNFO, for me I think the confusion comes from seeing in CPU-Z under "Specification" it reads " Intel Core i7-6900k @ 3.20GHz" I would of assumed it would say 4.20GHz. So if my BIOS specs are ok why would windows lag after a few minuets being inside the OS...
  7. G

    Overclocking for the first time, running into problems :(

    Hi everyone, I just finished building the following box the other day: - Intel i7-6900k (3.2GHz trying to OC to 4GHz but would like to go to 4.2GHz) - Asus Rampage 10 Edition 10 (Lastest BIOS flash) - Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 64 GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Corsair...
Back
Top