Recent content by Gsa700

  1. G

    MB to Windows 8 conversion (not virtual)

    You have to use boot camp and as far as I know you have to keep OS X installed and then you can choose between them when booting. Some 15" MacBooks are 1680x1050p.
  2. G

    1.65v memory on Ivy Bridge

    Good decision. That was some really spendy ram you had there. I have been running 1.65 on my Ivy 3570k @ 4.7 Ghz without issues since it released last spring. ( G.Skill 2133 2x 4 Gb kit 9-10-11 )
  3. G

    Worst Apple product you've ever owned?

    I agree the Mighty Mouse was a total FAIL. Mostly due to the tracking ball gumming up at the drop of a hat. I have the Magic Touchpad now, it is REALLY nice. No more mouse gumming up and gestures too. Time Capsule also sucked because mine burned itself up do to the junky power supply. And last...
  4. G

    Airport as a wireless router solution?

    Just wanted to add that I have been running a dual band Airport Extreme since they came out and I am very happy with it. It just works, no need to reset or mess with it at all.
  5. G

    Completed the Apple Conversion

    I had a time capsule and the heat killed it dead. I guess it's a known issue with them, I went to a Airport Extreme dual band and it's great. No heat issues and can do all the same as the TC.
  6. G

    i3-2100 to Ivy i5?

    Get the k series processor even if your not gone OC, it's faster at stock and turbo. .02
  7. G

    Is a Google redesign in the works?

    You know they still track you even if you do logout? ads ads ads track sell track sell etc..
  8. G

    Lawsuit Over HP Ex-CEO Hurd Payout Dismissed

    At first I thought HP gave 40 million dollars to the GNU/Hurd project.
  9. G

    Project Prism - A Lian-Li PC-v2000 Worklog

    That will be cool. (pun intended) Can't wait to see it finished.
  10. G

    Intel Introduces The Xeon Phi Product Family

    That's what I wanna know too...
  11. G

    my i5 3570K oc like crap + other related questions

    That does seem really bad. Mine does 4.7 Ghz with only 1.24 vcore.
  12. G

    Server Memory on Z77 with Xeon CPU?

    No problem. Glad to help.
  13. G

    Server Memory on Z77 with Xeon CPU?

    If you look here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77E-ITX/?cat=CPU You will see that some xeon cpu's are indeed supported on the board, as are these memory modules specifically: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77E-ITX/?cat=Memory While most non server boards don't list ECC ram compatibility...
  14. G

    16GB 2X8 or 4X4

    Just wanted to add, 2x8 Gb would be better if you are seeking to over clock your memory. Otherwise there is no downside to running 4x4 Gb. I have my 4x 4Gb Samsung 30nm sticks running at 2133 cas11 on sandy bridge with no issues. I only add this because you said you may fold some, and folding...
Back
Top