Recent content by glarior

  1. G

    mini-itx PSU for TT MozartTX

    I want to use a PSU that actually fits in my Thermaltake Mozart TX case but I can't find one. I wanted to get the Thermaltake Mini ITX Drive Bay, 270W Power Supply but they are D/C. Any other suggestions? Has anyone else modified the case for a different type of PSU for the mini ITX? Thanks
  2. G

    build a DVR for 1080i/p using my computer(s)...

    From what I have found that is the best/only solution for my DVR computer. I placed my order on newegg and will find out first hand.... oh, I also got a few more TB harddrives... hehe Its all about money for the stupid entertainment industry. Can't do this, can't do that, have to buy their...
  3. G

    build a DVR for 1080i/p using my computer(s)...

    I was looking at that one. So far I assume there is no dual tuner card for satellite TV? I found another unit called the HD Homerun but that is only for cable TV/Over the air input. It does not work for DishTv satellite because it does not transmit QAM. Has anyone used this with DishTv or...
  4. G

    build a DVR for 1080i/p using my computer(s)...

    I am annoyed with my stupid DVR from dish. It is a POS! This is the second VIP722 DVR I have had and it is already showing signs of crashing like the last one did. The last one lasted 4 months this one is only been 1 month and is already messing up! So, how can I record all my fav TV shows and...
  5. G

    wireless router(s) keep breaking....plz help!

    Ok, new questions. I am going with a N router with gigabit.... should I get the dual band or single? All my computers are G right now but I would like to update my main computer to N and still use the other G adapters for now. What do you think
  6. G

    wireless router(s) keep breaking....plz help!

    I just bought a new wireless chip for one computer and it is having the same problem as the other main computer and two laptops when they are connected via wireless. I think I will have to buy another router.
  7. G

    wireless router(s) keep breaking....plz help!

    Connected with a cat5 cable the internet is awesome...I get 5+mbit/s when I do. However, when they installed the internet they put it in the most ridiculous place and I have to run a wireless setup. I don't know about the electrical circuit but I have tried 3 different plugs.
  8. G

    wireless router(s) keep breaking....plz help!

    Hello, I have gone through routers as if they were expensive pieces of candy. I have had 2 netgear, 2 linksys, 1 buffalo and 2 dlink in the past two years. They all seem to do the same problem after a while of using them. My computers have a hard time connecting to the router for wireless or...
  9. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    Sorry for the late reply. My network icon location is different but its there. On one PC I can see the others but on my main PC I can't see the other computers. I may have found the problem. When I check out if I am on a private, public, or work network it is going back and forth between private...
  10. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    You lost me on the location of the network tab.... where is that? I checked the network map and I can see the computers on the network. However, when I checked the other main computer to share with I notice that it kept switching between public network and privtate on its own. I don't...
  11. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    Yeah I checked.... its the usual household ip 192.168.1.x. all computers are using the same ip # except for the last 'x' which will represent which computer is 2-5. Pinging the router works just fine
  12. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    Yes, all machines have internet. I have a netgear router that is the dhcp
  13. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    Does this help.... I tried to ping each computer's ip address and it did not ping at all.. all four packets lost.
  14. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    I have done that. It even shows the little share icon on the bottom left. I also have played with the netbios settings too and chose default, on, and off with no luck.
  15. G

    file sharing... I must be doing something wrong

    I read the FAQ with no luck, I googled and found good articles but I still can't share my files with the computers in my house. All I want to do is share my hard drive with the computers in my house, (2 laptop and 2 PC's) all computers but one laptop uses vista. All computers are on the same...
Back
Top