Recent content by Glaive

  1. G

    What's up with people not going viewsonic?

    I have a 20" WS Viewsonic that is great, and when I started looking for something larger I made a point of looking at the new Viewsonics. I was saddened to find that it seems that all their newer models are TN panels. I would presume this is part of the reason they are no longer as commonly...
  2. G

    Please help me find a desk

    I saw the Frederik when I was first looking for the Jerker. Since it seemed very similar to what I was looking for I did some searching and from what I can tell it's a substantially inferior version of the Jerker at roughly the same price point that Ikea brought in as a replacement. I'll...
  3. G

    Please help me find a desk

    My corner desk is getting cramped with two LCD's, speakers, and all the other random crap I have on it, along with the hutch that came with the desk. I have a brand new recliner on the way to serve as my new computer chair, and so I'm looking to upgrade my desk. I was just going to head down...
  4. G

    reliable + quiet CD/DVD burner suggestion

    My third Plextor DVD-burner just crapped out. It's my third as in the first two were defective. I also had one of the worst RMA experiences of my life with them, so I most likely will never buy a Plextor product again. I don't have a particular suggestion for an alternative (I'm actually...
  5. G

    Newbie Headphone Questions

    Awesome, thanks for the advice.
  6. G

    Newbie Headphone Questions

    Ok, so I'm looking for a set of cans for gaming as well as for music. I'm in a guild in WoW that is starting to raid, which means a set of cans and a mic would be good for Ventrilo use, and I also tend to play or just screw around on the computer after my girlfriend has gone to sleep, and...
  7. G

    Fatal system error, tried every fix I know of

    Just an update. At the suggestion of a friend, I went into BIOS and took the RAM off of the Auto setting, and manually put in the timings. I was surprised to find that they were not correct. I have Corsair 3200XLPro RAM, which should be at 2-2-2-5, and when I first built the computer it...
  8. G

    Fatal system error, tried every fix I know of

    Wow, thanks for the quick reply and the help but that just flew right over my head. I did find that KB article you posted, but while it seems to offer a nifty little explanation I didn't see anything that actually explained how to fix it. And in case it matters, I had not installed any...
  9. G

    Fatal system error, tried every fix I know of

    Hey all, I figured I'd see if any of you could perhaps shed some light on a problem I'm having. I spent all last night Googling trying to find a fix and have had no luck so far. Ok, I built a new computer a couple of months ago. Specs are as follows: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester Asus...
Back
Top