Recent content by gibno1

  1. G

    dvd burner time

  2. G

    Windows XP legality

  3. G

    Vhs tapes to DVD

    I have probably about 100 vhs movies. If I want to convert to DVD what do I need. I have a NEC 3520a and an aging tape player. thanks, gib
  4. G

    Playing a movie

    NEC 3520-A What do I need to play a DVD movie on this drive?
  5. G

    Megs in documents

    Got some past burn in Documents. I no longer need them. OK to delete??
  6. G

    Two Questions

    I just looked on new-egg they seem to have them, but not in silver. The case I have is silver and the NEC is silver, I would like to have everything match if possible. Any suggestions on other sites? By the way all media I have is TY from RIMA.
  7. G

    Two Questions

    First Question: How often should copies of CDs be burned again? DVDs? I have read somewhere on forums that CDs will deteriorate over time. Second Question: I have recently purchased a NEC 3520A and I am happy with it. So now my CD Rom is showing signs of problems, sometimes will...
  8. G

    Computer won't boot - tried everything, replaced everything

    looks like you submitted your post while I was typing mine. But that is exactly what mine did, until I pulled out the battery and then put it back. It just wasn't making connection.
  9. G

    Computer won't boot - tried everything, replaced everything

    Probably not since you bought a new MB, Unless the battery is located off the MB.
  10. G

    Bought new Parts Today (having 2nd thoughts)

    Invidia 6600 GT is supposed to very good at somewhere around $200 I read.
  11. G

    Dell proprietary hardware/DVD burning

    I am sure that I don't know as much as Bullitt, But I did a lot of investigating lately because my CD-Burner bit the dust and I decided if I wanted to copy anything I would just go ahead and get a DVD-Burner this time. So money versus product, I ordered the NEC-3520A @ New Egg . The price...
  12. G

    my thread got moved

    why? and where is it now it was about windows copying
  13. G

    Windows XP legality

    I purchased XP about one month ago. It states that I cannot make a copy of this disk. I strongly disagree with that statement. What if I had purchased one of those computers that already had XP on them and they fatally crash? I have had 5 fatal crashes in 4 days due to SBC-Yahoo DSL...
  14. G

    dvd burner time

    Techhead you are obviously very smart in the field of cd/dvd. I ordered the 3520a and also ordered the Taiyo disks on your recommendation. Another guy from Anandtech Forum highly recommended the Nero 6 suite 3 which is about $10.00 + I am sure s&h. After reading your two posts about...
  15. G

    dvd burner time

    My cd-rom burner has quit. It has been off and on for a year now. Now it just won't burn anymore. So it looks like I need a new one. and it appears that at this time if I'm going to spend money I should probably get a DVD. I have been googling and site hopping for two days now and the...
Back
Top