Recent content by giant22000

  1. G

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    I can't believe this. I really love the S2440L, but I've bought 2 of these monitors and had to return 1 of them 3 times now due to dead/stuck pixel's! I'm thinking of returning this for a refund and trying elsewhere maybe I've just exchanging out through a bad batch of these... BTW, these all...
  2. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    Yes I was attaching the monitor to the video card. It wasn't until I pulled the card and went into the bios and set the integrated graphics to always enabled so I could use it to troubleshoot that I realized that it was boot looping. Funny thing is, now that I think about it I thought I heard...
  3. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    I was afraid of that. I do have some funny acting USB 3.0 ports on this board so it wouldn't surprise if the slot is faulty. I'll probably go to Best Buy and purchase the cheapest video card I can find just prove out the mobo. Now, I'm off to take my fustrations out on some black ops II...
  4. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    BIOS update is a no go...
  5. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    Full specs: Intel DH67BL mobo i5-2400 cpu crucial 8gb ballistix ram lite-on dvd writer rosewill multi card reader plugged into one of the mobo usb ports 500gb western digital hdd - primary 1tb seagate hdd - slave rosewill case and psu (450w) Off to update bios...
  6. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    I did notice that but figured that with the very light system that I already had, the current draw would sufficient. lol, maybe my understanding is a little skewed. So, would this most definitely be the problem or just a possiblity?
  7. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    Here is a picture of the voltages on the PSU. The mobo is an intel dh67bl. There are updates for this BIOS on intel's website and was just thinking of updating it and giving it another go. I'm not running an oc'd cpu (i5-2400) and the rest of the components are just basic computer build parts...
  8. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    This is a Galaxy MDT GeForce GT610. Not a very power hungry card. I don't see any power plug-in for this video card. Correct me if I'm wrong b/c I'm definitely no video card guru, but this is not a very power hungry card and gets it's power from the PCIe slot. Probably should have mentioned...
  9. G

    Is my brand new video card bad?

    Just received my Galaxy MDT and installed it. The BOIS recognizes the card in the PCIe slot but the MoBo will not boot. It just gets hung up in a boot loop until I power off and pull the Galaxy MDT. At this point everything is normal and boots fine. This is my first experience with video...
  10. G

    I need help finding the right stand for my setup.

    Once everything comes in and I have my setup up and running I'll post pictures in the setup thread.
  11. G

    I need help finding the right stand for my setup.

    Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I did. I contacted them to see if I could buy the quad display stand and the vesa head from the dual vertical. This is what they priced for me. Very pleased with their customer service as well. The quote of (1) 002-0015+(1) Mounting head of 002-0014...
  12. G

    I need help finding the right stand for my setup.

    I've been looking for the perfect stand for my setup. I'm wanting to have three monitors. Two 24" monitors in landscape on the bottom and my single 19" centered above the bottom two 24" monitors. The stand linked here is the style of stand that I'm looking for. I'm just having trouble...
  13. G

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Not sure, but mine from best buy has pwm. Are some people not affected by pwm because I can not even tell...
  14. G

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    +1 on this. The black levels on this monitor awesome!
  15. G

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Apparently PWM does not affect my eyes, because prior to doing the camera trick, I'd would've swore up and down I got one without it. I'll be purchasing two more S2440L in the next couple of weeks so I'll do the camera trick on those as well. Maybe this will prove difference/variances in...
Back
Top