Recent content by geno8r

  1. G

    New Build, look good?

    Thanks for the further comments everyone, now there's some cases I'm seriously considering, the Antec 900 & TJ09! The TJ09 looks to have the best ventilation & plenty of fans, probably leaning towards it at the moment. Video Reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPQUIdSBGY...
  2. G

    New Build, look good?

    Yes most probably in a lot of cases enginurd, but most cases don't have an open air mesh design at the front like the GT1000 :) Here's a video review link for you http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/9682/103/ Not a bad review, but I disagree about the HDD cage blocking cool air going in, it...
  3. G

    New Build, look good?

    Thanks for the links again Danny. I've had a good look through, but I'm still sold on the Zalman ZMachine GT1000. Looks aside, it's the best air flowing case I've seen, sucks in cool air from the bottom front, displaces it at the top rear, no other cases I’ve seen are set up efficiently as...
  4. G

    New Build, look good?

    Thanks Danny, I’ll look into those options. I actually agree that I don't think a whole lot of the case visually, but I love its internal HDD rack systems, it’s nice & big, & looks to have quite good air flow. If you can recommend any other great cases though, I'm open ears. Cheers
  5. G

    New Build, look good?

    Thanks for the posts everyone, much appreciated. I have revised my set up. New Build, rev. 1.10 *Edit Case: Zalman ZMachine GT1000 Comment: I like the fact is has 2 fans at the front to cool down the HDDs. CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU Cooling: thermalright ultra 120 eXtreme...
  6. G

    New Build, look good?

    My computer has started to crash recently, old cheap power supply I assume (this would be the 3rd one), time for an entire computer upgrade anyway. Just wanted to run through my anticipated set up & see if people agree, or could recommend any better parts for roughly the same money. The...
  7. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    After all that turns out it was a dead chip. AMD sending me a new one... :| Well now I know they exist & it can happen to me.
  8. G

    PSU, How to monitor watts being used?

    Ahhh Yes. The PSU I got was a quick replacement, my previous one failed & this was the only one they had in store so I could get my computer running again that day. I think I'll search online & investigate into getting something good.
  9. G

    PSU, How to monitor watts being used?

    Hi, I've got a 500watt PSU. Think it's a EZ Cool, & wondered is there a way to monitor how much is being used. My com. randomly restarted & wouldn't boot saying "video card power not plugged in'. I pulled out the cord, replaced it with another power connector, rearranged the cords with...
  10. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    The latest version, dl'd off the website.
  11. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    Owww well, thanks for the help. I'll post a reply once I get the replacement x2 chip.
  12. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    What's DMI? Does it have anything to do with it? Cpu-z read me says: "- DMI : Set to OFF disables the DMI (Desktop Management Interface) information. This concerns BIOS vendor and version, motherboard vendor and revision." [CPU-Z] TextFontName=Verdana TextFontSize=13...
  13. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    Ok, still no good. the x2 just doesn't want to boot. Think I'll just send it back. Here's the outcomes. A. The x2 chip was faulty & the new one works fine on the current F8 BIOS. or B. The new x2 chip doesn't work & I now blame the Mobo. I buy & upgrade to the GA-K8NS Ultra-939 mobo &...
  14. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    Updated to F8 BIOS in DOS. On booting it says F8, cpu-z still see's F1. I'm going to try installing the x2 chip for the last time, already tried many times when I was flashing after @Bios. Only difference this time really is that it was flashed in DOS instead of @Bios.
  15. G

    Athlon x2 4200+ 'new & not working?'

    Ok just finished with Q-Flash. Both @Flash & Q-Flash appear to work fine, but CPU-z is still detecting the original F1 BIOS. Any other ways to get this dam BIOS upgraded (in CPU-z eyes). It says it's all updated in BIOS, but CPU-z thinks other wise. :S Hmmmm frustration. EDIT: Ok, now I'm...
Back
Top