Recent content by Gdeath

  1. G

    My 5870 isn`t nearly as fast as yours...

    I similarly haven't had any luck with the new 9.10 cats as far as my 3dmark scores are concerned. In particular my card (xfx 5850) seems to really struggle with the HDR/SM3.0 tests (SM2.0 scores seem within respectable ranges). I may reinstall windows tonight and give it another go.
  2. G

    Intel Core i7 Full System Drawing @ [H]

    Give it a try.
  3. G

    My 5870 isn`t nearly as fast as yours...

    Vjcsmoke's post proves my point exactly. If you're an AMD user, either switch to Intel or wait for better drivers. I've yet to see anyone running an i7, or even qxxx series, getting bad scores in 3dmark with the 5800 series. How AMD managed to release a card that under-performs on their own...
  4. G

    My 5870 isn`t nearly as fast as yours...

    I've been browsing other forums, and it seems there are several people making complaints about the 5800 series performance with respect to the 4800 series, especially people who are running AMD cpu's. This leads me to believe that piss poor drivers are most likely the cause of the performance...
  5. G

    Radeon 5850 Availabilty

    The same thing happened to me last week when I went on an ordering/canceling spree trying to get the 5870. Got the audit taken off on Sunday and decided to give the 5850 a go instead.
  6. G

    Radeon 5850 Availabilty

    Freaky, oddmanout and I posted the exact same sentence.
  7. G

    Radeon 5850 Availabilty

    Payment charged, Woot! Definitely getting one.
  8. G

    Radeon 5850 Availabilty

    Not lying. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5850&x=0&y=0 Hurry and get one.
  9. G

    Radeon 5850 Availabilty

    They are up at Newegg, ladies. Let the madness begin! Just snagged an XFX 5850
Back
Top