• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by flipz

  1. F

    No subwoofer on 2.0 audio (HTPC or receiver issue?)

    *HUGS!* I'm so used to the first few responses on forums being "I have the same problem and I can't fix it either!" lol. Yours instantly pointed me in the right direction. Here's what I had to do on my Pioneer Elite for anyone that may come across this: 1. Go in to MCACC Setup 2. Select...
  2. F

    No subwoofer on 2.0 audio (HTPC or receiver issue?)

    Hey all. I know a lot about computers but not a whole lot on the home theater side, and not necessarily a lot about HTPC stuff. Regardless I've had a HTPC setup for a little over 3 years. My setup is an ATI HD-3800 hooked up via HDMI to a Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH receiver. All of my movies...
  3. F

    I just need simple, user-friendly software

    x264 is to h264 as xvid is to divx from my understanding. It's an open source version.
  4. F

    I just need simple, user-friendly software

    I will never deny that I download stuff, but all of my h264 stuff is content I created. Why feel the need to play it? Because HD 264 looks excellent and is a small file size! :)
  5. F

    I just need simple, user-friendly software

    Hey all, So I have dabbled a lot in HTPC but always end up with a half-a**ed kind of thing. lol. Well my g/f is starting to use it and the way I have it setup is just too complicated for her, so here's what I'm looking for. I basically want it to function like AppleTV. I won't have any...
  6. F

    When can we expect dual tuners with a single coax in?

    I guess it goes to show that having a ton of posts ("Gawd" according to your status) doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. ;)
  7. F

    OTA Antenna for HDTV

    Nice! I'd love to see pics just because I love DIY. :D
  8. F

    8800gtx doesn't support VIVO (9pin svideo)?

    My guess would be due to the fact that there isn't really a standard to 9 pin svideo cables... they aren't completely standardized. Due to the age of your adapter, and the proprietary 9 pin svideo cable, it's probably mixing the wrong connections to create the composite.
  9. F

    Annoying Problem.

    How are you adding items? Are you adding it by dragging it in from windows explorer / my computer? Or are you browsing to it using nero's built in file browser and then adding it? Whichever way you are doing it, I would try the other way. Just a thought though, I've never had that happen.
  10. F

    CPU Cooler for Silverstone Crown/LC-18

    Why not just cut a hole in the case and have your cooler stick out of it like the intake on old muscle cars. ;)
  11. F

    DVB-T tuners?

    "here" ?
  12. F

    xvid archiving

    Yup, exactly what occidio said. You are better off selecting a custom size rather than a % of quality. I do mine slightly higher quality than occidio, but I also have more hdd space. But I do all my 2 hours or less movies to 1.4GB, and 2+ to about 2.1GB. I always keep the original audio...
  13. F

    My HTPC and assistance in upgrading...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx Download and run that and it will tell you any and all issues you may have with you current setup, including hardware and software.
  14. F

    Better to have multiple cards, or all-in-one?

    Yup, I saw that ne0. Thanks. It's an Intel board so I'm safe. :) Edit: I typed up an explanation to Burning_Monk about the differences but CrimandEvil beat me to posting it. lol
  15. F

    DVDs played from Hard Drive?

    Sorry to say but you are dead wrong. :eek: Copying a dvd involves cracking the encryption... cracking the encryption on a dvd is 100% illegal whether you own it or not. But, with that said, I have 1 TB in my htpc. I have every movie converted to divx, capped at 1.4G per movie. Although I am...
Back
Top