Hello,
So for the past few months, things have been running smoothly with the way my home network is configured. I have a combination Gateway/Modem/Router from the cable company (We'll just refer to it as the gateway) that turns cable into ethernet (Modem part) and has 4 ethernet ports in...
Thank you. I will edit the hard drive model #. The micro center is approximately 45 minutes away. I have not ever been there and don't plan to because it is so far away. Do you have any suggestions for the RAM, case, PSU, Mobo, and CPU?
Thank you,
fjawor
Probably 3 transcoding 1080p at the same time. But this would not be happening all the time. The best scenario would be 4 though. Unfortunately all my media is from bluray rips.
No, that would not work because I want to keep the computer on all the time. Plus my current computer is a laptop that I bring to school everyday. Not very useful for an email server, openvpn server, or for me trying to access my media away from home. I am looking for an always-on, headless...
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Streaming 1080p to four Plex clients on the LAN with transcoding; Streaming through the internet at 720p, transcoding from a ~20GB 1080p Blu-ray rip; Downloading multiple torrents at full speed, Unpacking a ~20GB movie...